There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

great company

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Management Trainee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time

Pros

Enterprise is a great company to work for. I've really enjoyed my experience here and I plan on growing my career with this company.

Cons

There is absolutely no need for improvement. This company is great and I wouldn't change a thing about my job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

reviews filtered by
  1. Great entry level position in sales, customer service and management!

Current Employee - Sales Management Trainee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Management Trainee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1. Great work environment and coworkers
    2. internal promotion opportunities from within based on performance
    3. great job security because the company is still growing!

Cons

none at all! Enterprise is awesome!

Advice to Management

Continue to motivate your employees and create a great work culture!

Not worth it

Former Employee - Management Trainee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in New York, NY

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very young work environment. Most co-workers will be fresh out of college. I made many friends here and had a lot of fun at after-work happy hours. All the opportunity in the world to advance, provided you want to stay with the company. Good dental. "Flex" days, so you can leave a little early one day a week. Job security -- they will fire you if your sales numbers are bad, but they need to be very bad, and bad for a long time before you'll even be put on probation. They offer 401k and match 3%.

Cons

Really rough job. Expect to spend most of your day outside in the rain, snow, freezing cold, heat, etc. If it snows, you'll be shoveling cars out all day. Expect to clean many cars in a suit, every day. The dress code is a bit ridiculous for the work you're doing, and they're pretty strict about it. The pay is very poor considering the number of hours you'll be working (minimum 10 hour days, some days up to 14). You'll be expected to work weekends. Depending on the type of location you're working in, you may also work nights and holidays. The health benefits are poor and they only give you 7 paid days off during your first year, which is less than most companies give. Although there are plenty of career opportunities within daily rental, there are barely any in the corporate office, so unless you're okay with working in the daily rental environment for the rest of your career (which I'm sure you don't), you can't really go anywhere. Expect to pick up customers/drive them home. It's extremely awkward and actually kind of dangerous. Customers treat you like crap and don't realize that you need a college degree to work as an MT and that you actually ARE a smart, educated individual. Working at Enterprise is essentially working retail, so if you wouldn't work in a retail environment, this is not for you. Managers play favorites BIG TIME and you'll see people (mainly kiss-asses) get promoted that don't deserve it. Enterprise DOES expect that your job becomes your life -- they expect the world from you.

I am NOT a lazy person and have worked my whole life. I've worked long hours, OT, jumped through hoops at other jobs, etc. I just want people to know what they're getting themselves into with Enterprise. It is not a bad company, but it is also not for everyone, and had I known what it would be like before taking the job, I never would have. It simply is not worth the pay.

Advice to Management

Realize how tough

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car