There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

great company

Current Employee - Management Trainee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Management Trainee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time

Pros

Enterprise is a great company to work for. I've really enjoyed my experience here and I plan on growing my career with this company.

Cons

There is absolutely no need for improvement. This company is great and I wouldn't change a thing about my job.

Keep doing what you are doing!

2946 Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car (View Most Recent)

Not worth it

Former Employee - Management Trainee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in New York, NY

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very young work environment. Most co-workers will be fresh out of college. I made many friends here and had a lot of fun at after-work happy hours. All the opportunity in the world to advance, provided you want to stay with the company. Good dental. "Flex" days, so you can leave a little early one day a week. Job security -- they will fire you if your sales numbers are bad, but they need to be very bad, and bad for a long time before you'll even be put on probation. They offer 401k and match 3%.

Cons

Really rough job. Expect to spend most of your day outside in the rain, snow, freezing cold, heat, etc. If it snows, you'll be shoveling cars out all day. Expect to clean many cars in a suit, every day. The dress code is a bit ridiculous for the work you're doing, and they're pretty strict about it. The pay is very poor considering the number of hours you'll be working (minimum 10 hour days, some days up to 14). You'll be expected to work weekends. Depending on the type of location you're working in, you may also work nights and holidays. The health benefits are poor and they only give you 7 paid days off during your first year, which is less than most companies give. Although there are plenty of career opportunities within daily rental, there are barely any in the corporate office, so unless you're okay with working in the daily rental environment for the rest of your career (which I'm sure you don't), you can't really go anywhere. Expect to pick up customers/drive them home. It's extremely awkward and actually kind of dangerous. Customers treat you like crap and don't realize that you need a college degree to work as an MT and that you actually ARE a smart, educated individual. Working at Enterprise is essentially working retail, so if you wouldn't work in a retail environment, this is not for you. Managers play favorites BIG TIME and you'll see people (mainly kiss-asses) get promoted that don't deserve it. Enterprise DOES expect that your job becomes your life -- they expect the world from you.

I am NOT a lazy person and have worked my whole life. I've worked long hours, OT, jumped through hoops at other jobs, etc. I just want people to know what they're getting themselves into with Enterprise. It is not a bad company, but it is also not for everyone, and had I known what it would be like before taking the job, I never would have. It simply is not worth the pay.

Realize how tough

Worst company ever!!!!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is absolutely no pros to working with this company

Cons

Very long hours for all employees. Pay would be ok for 40 hour work week, not 55. You are just a body for management to say they " mentored" you so they can be promoted. Management is incompetent at all levels. Company only cares about profits, at any cost. This company makes me think of the saying " don't always assume those in charge know what they're doing"

You are not as smart as you think you are. Give some credit and just a little bit of recognition to other employees

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!