Enterprise Rent-A-Car

www.go.enterprise.com
  www.go.enterprise.com
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Terrible leadership whom only promotes dishonesty in order to make the sale

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Management Trainee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Learn how to not treat customers

Cons

Poor leadership. Caught an assistant manager lying to a customer.

You are a profit organization, but take care of your employees. I never felt like I mattered to anyone no matter how hard I worked.

3246 Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car (View Most Recent)

Targeted recent Grads to become slaves for the Company

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most of your coworkers will be your age, including your manager
    Training
    Looks good on a Resume (we'll see about that)
    Good Sales Techniques

Cons

working 11 hour days (7-6pm and that's if you get out on time)
    Mandatory 48 hour work week.
    Alot of Customer's are jerks, especially when they have been in a car accident.
    Cleaning cars in your Business clothes (after a while, I stopped wearing my good shoes, blouses and slacks...they will get ruined)

The constant pressure of selling every single product that they offer from Management. You will be bombarded with emails from your branch manager, assistant manager, area manager and Group Manager. If your numbers are not doing well.

Bottom line is, Enterprise is a commission based business for management only. They want you to work from the Bottom Up. You will never be able to apply for a Manager Position without going through all the positions & the time frame that you have to stay in that position & sell well. They Promote within the company. The money that the managers make for what they have to deal with isn't even close to being worth it. I feel bad for those who are stuck there

Cut the employee's hours
    increase the job pay
    give the MTs &MAs a percentage of their sales.
    I think Andy Taylor should go on Under Cover Boss and really see what his company is about. I hope he is a better person than how the company treats their employees.

If you can stick around long enough, you might just catch the ever-dangling carrot

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Enterprise only hires people with college degrees because they believe that if you have the discipline to finish college, you'll have the discipline to run their stores. As a result, the majority of people you'll work with are young, attractive, ambitious people who work at least 10 hours a day and still have energy to party on the weekends.

Cons

Enterprise will dangle a carrot in front of you in order to wring out everything they can get from you. They tell you the reason why a billion dollar company pays you 3% below market is because you have to earn it first; the big bucks come when you get to the top. Unfortunately most employees never make it to the top because they can't stand the politics (for lack of a better word) along the way. Others get tossed out by the company after they've been wrung dry.

Show a little appreciation for your employees and you might be able to retain your retention numbers for that coveted award.

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car