There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Will run you ragged, but can be worth it

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Mandeville, LA
Former Employee - Management Trainee in Mandeville, LA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are never bored, that's for sure. I got multiple job offers while dealing with corporate customers. When I decided it was time to leave ERAC, having ERAC on my resume was a huge plus. I made incredible friends while at ERAC; everyone is like you - outgoing and friendly (obviously they hire a certain personality).

Cons

Prepare to hate your life; long hours, you're dealing with the general public (who have no problem screaming at you for no reason), washing cars, working on weekends. Oh, and you' get to pick-up some creepy-ass people... There is no incentive to become an Asst. Mgr. or Mgr. The pay isn't always better and you have MORE stress than what you already have as an MT or MA!

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more. Trust me, they're worth it.

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

1. Best and the worst experience...

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Teamwork, with great people at the trainee level and in lower management. Salaried positions., so you know how much you have to live on. Opportunity for advancement. They have many locations, which also gives more opportunities.

Cons

I was a victim of bullying, however this is the exception, not the rule. It is the individual, not the company that is the problem, though the company could and should do more to stop this behavior from this individual. Sometimes branch managers will bring in pizzas and expect you to work through lunch. Working long days, you need a break. most branches are a go go go experience, so there is seriously no down time and the hours are long.

Advice to Management

When there is bullying, stop it. I reported it, yet I was put in a position where I was asked if I could move forward and move on or if we could no longer work in the same company. I felt as the junior person, that if I didn't suck it up, I would be fired or let go with a severance, so I sucked it up, but only lasted another few months because the bullying continued. I eventually had to quit my job, and I was devastated. The bully should have been fired immediately. Devastated and disgusted!

2. Such an interesting experience

Pros

Several opportunities to move up and around

Cons

Lonnngggg hours and poor working conditions