Best and the worst experience...

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Teamwork, with great people at the trainee level and in lower management. Salaried positions., so you know how much you have to live on. Opportunity for advancement. They have many locations, which also gives more opportunities.

Cons

I was a victim of bullying, however this is the exception, not the rule. It is the individual, not the company that is the problem, though the company could and should do more to stop this behavior from this individual. Sometimes branch managers will bring in pizzas and expect you to work through lunch. Working long days, you need a break. most branches are a go go go experience, so there is seriously no down time and the hours are long.

When there is bullying, stop it. I reported it, yet I was put in a position where I was asked if I could move forward and move on or if we could no longer work in the same company. I felt as the junior person, that if I didn't suck it up, I would be fired or let go with a severance, so I sucked it up, but only lasted another few months because the bullying continued. I eventually had to quit my job, and I was devastated. The bully should have been fired immediately. Devastated and disgusted!

Other Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Hard work for little pay

Former Employee - Management Trainee  in  Woodbridge, VA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Woodbridge, VA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good team environment, nice people to work with. This management position teaches how to run your own rental branch as well as prepared you to escalate up the corporate ladder. For those who make it through the first year, it is a nice way up.

Cons

Understaffed, rude clients, especially in the Woodbridge area. Expect to work extended hours and get paid a minimal wage. You could get better after the first year or if you make your way to one of the airport locations, but otherwise you will hit a pretty hard wall

Pay your people more. Most of the employees that left (including me) did so not so much for the job we had to endure but for the combination of the low income factor. With more money, I would have definitely stayed longer.

Such an interesting experience

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Several opportunities to move up and around

Cons

Lonnngggg hours and poor working conditions

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!