Enterprise Rent-A-Car

www.go.enterprise.com

Drink the Kool-Aid

MT for ERAC AE for ECARS (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsMost employees of ERAC are fresh college grads...green and moldable. The relationships you build with co-workers as well as regular customers is great. Because of regular customers you have the ability to network well.
Advancement opportunities are "abundant"...as long as your on that "list" and qualify.
Corporate campus n Stl is gorgeous.
Get to drive all kinds of vehicles.

In essence, like most major companies, if you play the game, drink their Kool-aid, and are willing to put in the time, opportunities will be presented to you.

ConsDrink the Kool Aid...that's it. ERAC is a large and successful co. that has proven success doing things their way. So do it their way and play the game or get pushed to he side. It's very much a sales game. While your paycheck may not reflect it, your career will.
Too conservative as co in general...n specific the dress..white shirt and tie everyday, all day, n 100+ degrees...no facial hair, etc.
Matrix system, while beneficial, also hinders good qualified poeple from getting promoted so the wrong person gets the spot.
Hours...48 a wk...sort of...unless your at the airport which is 365 days a yr. and you may work 8days in a row.

Advice to Senior ManagementRelax your attitudes and culture. Instead of hiring any college grad that wants to sell, hire intellects that want a career. Don't base all promotions on your matrix without exception...good candidates get passed up because they are in the wrong branches at the wrong time.

Anyone who says this is a great place to work is a liar

Management Assistant/Staff Accountant (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Albeit the many negatives, I did get to work with some great people at my various branches. Also, most of my craziest… Cons: Ah, the cons. Well for starters, the pay is terrible, just slightly more than the starting wage at In-N-out but you also must have a… Advice to Senior Management: Raise wages, restructure management, provide a clothing stipend...I would go on but it… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not for everyone

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

Pros: good compensation if you are willing to work hard. you… Cons: work/life balance is a joke! Advice to Senior Management: make work/life balance a priority No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!