Drink the Kool-Aid

Current Employee - MT for ERAC AE for ECARS  in  Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - MT for ERAC AE for ECARS in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most employees of ERAC are fresh college grads...green and moldable. The relationships you build with co-workers as well as regular customers is great. Because of regular customers you have the ability to network well.
Advancement opportunities are "abundant"...as long as your on that "list" and qualify.
Corporate campus n Stl is gorgeous.
Get to drive all kinds of vehicles.

In essence, like most major companies, if you play the game, drink their Kool-aid, and are willing to put in the time, opportunities will be presented to you.

Cons

Drink the Kool Aid...that's it. ERAC is a large and successful co. that has proven success doing things their way. So do it their way and play the game or get pushed to he side. It's very much a sales game. While your paycheck may not reflect it, your career will.
Too conservative as co in general...n specific the dress..white shirt and tie everyday, all day, n 100+ degrees...no facial hair, etc.
Matrix system, while beneficial, also hinders good qualified poeple from getting promoted so the wrong person gets the spot.
Hours...48 a wk...sort of...unless your at the airport which is 365 days a yr. and you may work 8days in a row.

Relax your attitudes and culture. Instead of hiring any college grad that wants to sell, hire intellects that want a career. Don't base all promotions on your matrix without exception...good candidates get passed up because they are in the wrong branches at the wrong time.

Other Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Anyone who says this is a great place to work is a liar

Former Employee - Management Assistant/Staff Accountant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Management Assistant/Staff Accountant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Albeit the many negatives, I did get to work with some great people at my various branches. Also, most of my craziest stories come from my time at ERAC, like the time I led a mission to Pechanga Casino to take back a stolen car.

Cons

Ah, the cons. Well for starters, the pay is terrible, just slightly more than the starting wage at In-N-out but you also must have a college degree. I burned through dress clothing, especially shoes due to all the running around at the branches. When I received a promotion to admin, I dealt with childish managers and more backstabbing than the Roman Empire. Clearly, the managers I have worked with were poised and ready to consistently violate the company's values.

Do not work for Enterprise Rent-A-Car. You will regret it.

Raise wages, restructure management, provide a clothing stipend...I would go on but it doesn't matter. Overall, management is convinced the system works and won't change a thing.

Rewarding Sales Training

Current Employee - Intern  in  Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Intern in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern for more than a year

Pros

good team environment
    decent wage for an intern $11 an hour
    Great work environment
    Days went by quickly, always on the go

Cons

Long hours
    Low pay
    Difficult to advance
    did not love what I was selling
    location plays a large role in sales success

Reward employees more for hard work, higher pay structure, less working hours

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!