There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Definition of work

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great experience and resume builder.
-Probably a top job in it's category. By category I mean retail and jobs for recent grads without a specific skill set

-At the branches they promote from within

-Laid back work environment

-Can make great connections within the company and out. By this I mean networking with corporate or government customers that rent a ton.

-It is possible to move up, just have to buy into the system and work your tail off

-Depending on your branch and area/group, there are lots of incentives for performance. Cash rewards, parties and recognition dinners.

Cons

They will WORK you.
Long hours. No work life balance.

Pay is on the lower end . They expect you to have a college education. How the heck are you supposed to be able to pay back that investment working here? I guess it is so they can easily promote from within. You get hired under the assumption that you can become management so the education is required.

Washing and cleaning out cars.
Unless you are lucky enough to be at a branch with an automatic car wash you will be washing cars on the hottest days of the summer and on the coldest days of the winter in dress clothes. Branches do have employees who are there specifically to wash cars but they get overwhelmed and other employees end up having to wash cars. Cleaning out the inside can be gross and even downright unsanitary.

Typical customer service nonsense.

Despite promotions even branch managers will still have the same role for the most part. Washing cars etc. Only difference is they are nicely compensated.

Pay more or reduce the hours.

Hire more employees to help. Some branches try to operate with as little employees as possible it seems like. At least hire more car washers. This would make everything better.

2901 Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car (View Most Recent)

cheated out of money

Current Employee - Car Technician  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Car Technician in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time for more than a year

Pros

I am a car prep and I get to drive a lot of different cars

Cons

Cleaning the cars off site and not enough workers to do the work. I need to be paid for the work I do and I am not always able to clock in, because the clock does not always work and my supervisor does not help me with this and I am cheated out of money on my paychecks. This has happened two times on my last paycheck and several times in the past

Make sure employees get paid for the work they do. I do not think I should have to use my own cell phone for the company unless they help me pay the bill.

Take it with a grain of salt

Current Employee - CS-Administrater  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - CS-Administrater in Austin, TX

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great environment, positive people. I love that I have a work family!

Cons

I'm drowning in paperwork!! We are under staffed to accommodate the work load. I feel like I will never catch up. Keeping long hours at the office can only last for so long and only makes a small dent in the stack. i work my butt off for only 12.50 an hour? Another Con, they never fire the bad/lazy employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!