There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Challenging but rewarding.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Athens, GA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Athens, GA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Enterprise is a company that pretty much gives you an unheard of level of control over business functions from day one. You are empowered to make your own decisions as to balancing customer service and profit. You will learn how to run a full blown business. The job is performance based so if you sell well (which it is a sales job, they tell you this in the interview) area managers will beg you to apply to be a manager in their area. Once you become an assistant manager you gain a base salary and a percentage of your branches monthly profits which again are performance based. The MT program is designed to show you the how where as the manager positions show the why.

Cons

-The work life balance is quite challenging.
-As an MT you work just as hard (if not harder)to learn everything while busting your butt to sell and you are underpaid (this is on purpose though).
-If you don't have good direct managers (ie assistant and branch) you can lose morale quickly.
-People get hired as MTs and coast or don't take the job seriously, negatively impacting profit and morale. A large % of your ranking is determined by branch esqi (customer service score) so if you have mediocre co workers with lackadaisical attitudes your performance is masked by their lack of effort. Request a transfer asap.
-Complain enough and erac gives you whatever you want.

Stagger employees so what the work day is less taxing with employees overlapping at peak times but working about 8 hrs a day keeping the annual salary the same.
Stop giving away free stuff to everyone that complains. They know we do this and some are abusing the system.
Pay MTs a little more.

3059 Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car (View Most Recent)

Dramatic upward mobility through employee development and competition.

Current Employee - Branch Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

We are rewarded for our hard work. I can not imagine getting paid at this level in a different organization. I have learned not only how to manage a business but also how to help my employees grow and move up in their careers. Erac will always take care of their employees and customers 1st. They know if they do that we will grow and make money.

Cons

There may be a negative stigma of working for a company that rents cars. My eyes were opened when I started. This business is so much more than just renting cars.

Enterprise is growing which means opportunity!

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Ability to move up quickly based on performance, promote within philosophy, family owned company, a lot of great people to work with.

Cons

The branches are open long hours

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car