Enterprise Rent-A-Car

www.go.enterprise.com

Great training for your real job

Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsPeople! Everyone is on the same boat and you really do make life long friends! I appreciated that everyone also has to start from the bottom so you can respect those in management positions. Overall I appreciate the time I spent there, but I feel I did stay a bit too long.

ConsHours! Unreal - especially compared to the pay. Usually 7am-7pm is standard, and many times you do not get a lunch. Due to the fast pace, however, the days go by very quickly. You're too exhausted to look for a job after work so you get stuck in a rut! Its true that other companies value Enterprise experience, but all they look for is your tenure. If you managed the largest branch in the world after 3 years you aren't looked at any differently that if you were a 3 year assistant. My advice would be to get to a management position and bail.

Advice to Senior ManagementClearly you can't change the salaries but you can make the goals more attainable. Many peoples payplans have been 'revised' when a new dealership opens so that the manager doesn't get too much commission - unreal! That certainly didn't happen when they were in their shoes... Also, managers at enterprise will actually talk you OUT of going back to school, because ERAC experience is the same as getting your masters. Tell me where that is considered ok?!

Great place to start

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros: Excellent training program! You will be versed in every aspect of the business and get some… Cons: Very long hours and pay is on the low side Advice to Senior Management: Increase pay to branch managers to reduce high turnover Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A Rewarding Challenge

Area Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Work with like minded people that want to succeed and improve daily. Opportunity to grow as much as you like. No Glass Ceiling. Proven… Cons: Hours and Hard work are relative to prior experience. Customer Service with the General Public can be challenging. First Year is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!