Enterprise Rent-A-Car

www.go.enterprise.com
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

A great stepping-stone towards other opportunities

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Vacaville, CA
Current Employee - Management Trainee in Vacaville, CA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Other companies know the challenges that comes with working at Enterprise and will try to recruit you.

Make good friends, which is good for networking.

Cons

9+ hours per day; 50 hours per week.

Love how there's always opportunities for promotion.

3363 Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car (View Most Recent)

Enterprise is a great company to work for and begin a career path.

Former Employee - Customer Care in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Care in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management is great and they are willing to help employees. This company is about revenue and as long as you perform you will make it here.

Cons

The pay is not great. For the company to be so large it seems that only C-level management get the good pay. Understandably, they make the decisions but the lower level employees run the company.

Work on compensation for employees

Great training for your real job

Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People! Everyone is on the same boat and you really do make life long friends! I appreciated that everyone also has to start from the bottom so you can respect those in management positions. Overall I appreciate the time I spent there, but I feel I did stay a bit too long.

Cons

Hours! Unreal - especially compared to the pay. Usually 7am-7pm is standard, and many times you do not get a lunch. Due to the fast pace, however, the days go by very quickly. You're too exhausted to look for a job after work so you get stuck in a rut! Its true that other companies value Enterprise experience, but all they look for is your tenure. If you managed the largest branch in the world after 3 years you aren't looked at any differently that if you were a 3 year assistant. My advice would be to get to a management position and bail.

Clearly you can't change the salaries but you can make the goals more attainable. Many peoples payplans have been 'revised' when a new dealership opens so that the manager doesn't get too much commission - unreal! That certainly didn't happen when they were in their shoes... Also, managers at enterprise will actually talk you OUT of going back to school, because ERAC experience is the same as getting your masters. Tell me where that is considered ok?!

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car