Enterprise Rent-A-Car

www.go.enterprise.com

Great first job out of college, opens up many doors

Management Trainee (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsI started with Enterprise as an intern in February 2012, went full time as a Management Trainee in that summer after my graduation, eventually got promoted to a major airport in May of 2013 and put in my two weeks in September 2013.

Enterprise is a great first job. It transforms you from a nervous recent graduate to a responsible adult. The job exposes you to client/vendor relationships, travel arrangements, marketing, managing accounts receivable, administrative efforts and sales. You work as a team with your co-workers who more than likely are recent graduates themselves. The products are easy to understand and selling them is not difficult. If you sell well you will get promoted quickly and make great money- if you cannot sell well (like me) the managers help you and train you to do better or will focus you more towards marketing efforts and back-end administrative work.

The general Enterprise employee is very approachable and easy to get along with- they hire mainly based on your ability to speak clearly and enthusiastically. The initial pay is not bad for a recent graduate (around $14 an hour in most regions) and the career path clear-cut. After a year you will usually receive at least one promotion as well.

Overall, great people, collaborative environment and exposure to many skills required in the business world.

ConsLong hours, suit and tie (bit much), no facial-hair policy, no commission, etc.

These issues are not overwheming. Pay your dues as a recent grad and this company will either eventually truly reward you or give you the experience for your resume to land the job you want that requires those minimum of x years experience.

It really is what you make of it.

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great coworkers help the days go by fast and management generally wants you… Cons: Low pay for some of the things you have to deal with, especially at an airport location where… Advice to Senior Management: Excelling in sales doesn't necessarily make someone promotion material. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to work, great management and sales training.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Training, leadership building, coworkers, opportunities for professional career growth, sales positions… Cons: Long hours from day 1, poor morale at times, depending on the situation managers… Advice to Senior Management: Think outside the box as to how to promote worklife balance.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!