Enterprise Rent-A-Car

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Intern

Former Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Calumet Park, IL
Former Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Calumet Park, IL

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great chance to experience the company as a whole. You are able to run your branch on your own and learn on the fly.

Cons

Maybe washing cars in a suit. Do not wear sunday shoes.

Show people the opportunity for growth because this a great company with an awesome chance to grow with-in the company.

3176 Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car (View Most Recent)

Good Company---Long Hours

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Great people you're working with
    -Excellent way to get training to move upwards or move onto a different company
    -Fast internal track
    -Good benefits

Cons

-Long long hours---when I was an Assistant Manager the company changed its policy, so MA's could only work a 48 hour work week, and Assistant and Branch Managers were required to pick up the slack of what was not done. Some weeks I was working 65-70 hours to finish and do what needed to get done.
    - Pay does not always equal the amount of hours worked (at least not for Assistant and Branch Managers)

Great experience to have, but not the greatest for long-term

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Rochester, NY

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People you work with are awesome....very helpful and fun to be at work with all day. Lots of chances to either get training/advice or to give it. Once you're there for longer than a year, benefits and vacation time really kick in. Quarterly meetings are held at fun places and paid for by the managers....nice to help improve moral.

Cons

Long long hours (I worked anywhere from 45-60 hours a week 5-7 days a week), customers and accounts can be very demanding and taxing on you mentally, upper management seems to have a specific type of person they like to promote so if you're not one of them then good luck trying to advance

Be careful who you are promoting.....since I left the company, many people who were promoted over me have left also or haven't done very well at that position. Also, hire some more people....I know that you are picky with the people you bring on, but every office I've been to has been understaffed and that takes a huge toll on your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car