There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Good Company, Hard Work, Low Pay

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Jeffersonville, PA
Former Employee - Management Assistant in Jeffersonville, PA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Learn about running a business from A to Z.
- Company really tries to have a pro work-life balance scheme for employees.
- Advancement opportunities are there for a hard-worker.
- Work for a very large company but you get the small mom & pop shop feel in each individual branch.
- Always something to do. Never bored sitting around & the branch you work at is a true reflection of you & your peers that you work with in your branch.

Cons

- Although they try to be pro work-life balance, it never works out that way.
- Very low pay for what they put you through.
- Don't buy nice clothes & wear them to work. They will get destroyed. It normally took a few days of cleaning cars & such to destroy brand new clothes.
- Work more than you ever imagine to the point where you want to scream at times.
- Say there is an opportunity for advancement at any time. What they fail to mention is its really based off whether or not upper management likes you. A lot of political BS involved with the company.

Advice to Management

Stop putting a strangle hold on peoples careers. Myself I was on the fast track to move up very quickly in the company, but some structuring shake ups in my area put an area manager as my boss who really didn't like me & put a complete halt on my career. Allow people to succeed if they have the tools to do so. Very frustrating but upper management has no problem flexing muscles when they want to.

reviews filtered by
  1. This was an opportunity to be employed right after college, and learn about what work ethic really is.

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Peoria, IL

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company gives college grads a chance, and since I was applying for months before graduation, it was great to leave school being employed full-time on my own. People in the offices are young, so it's easy to get along with co-workers. You make all of your money in overtime since you practically live at the branch, so you can have a nice pay check at entry level.

Cons

The company tells you its about both sales and service. But it's entirely about sales. And once they realize you can handle the task of logistically running an office, but you haven't hit the sales numbers, they will take full advantage of you and put you in offices to run, but pay you like a brand new employee. Or if a position opens on the corporate side and you have multiple "higher-ups" tell you that you would be perfect for the job because it exactly what you're skilled at, they still won't give it to you unless you have hit your sales numbers. Be prepared to work 50-60 hours every week. Its fun at the beginning, but that fades away after about month two when you see how the company is really run.

Advice to Management

When your employees call you for help, actually listen to what they are saying. We know that you have "been there before" because the company promotes from within, but sometimes it's something you haven't experienced before.

2. no work life balance

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great training, people and fun.

Cons

Work is your life long hours angry customers.

Advice to Management

Be flexible and don't work employees into the ground

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car