Good Company---Long Hours

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great people you're working with -Excellent way to get training to move upwards or move onto a different company -Fast internal track -Good benefits

Cons

-Long long hours---when I was an Assistant Manager the company changed its policy, so MA's could only work a 48 hour work week, and Assistant and Branch Managers were required to pick up the slack of what was not done. Some weeks I was working 65-70 hours to finish and do what needed to get done. - Pay does not always equal the amount of hours worked (at least not for Assistant and Branch Managers)

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great experience to have, but not the greatest for long-term

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Rochester, NY

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People you work with are awesome....very helpful and fun to be at work with all day. Lots of chances to either get training/advice or to give it. Once you're there for longer than a year, benefits and vacation time really kick in. Quarterly meetings are held at fun places and paid for by the managers....nice to help improve moral.

Cons

Long long hours (I worked anywhere from 45-60 hours a week 5-7 days a week), customers and accounts can be very demanding and taxing on you mentally, upper management seems to have a specific type of person they like to promote so if you're not one of them then good luck trying to advance

Advice to Management

Be careful who you are promoting.....since I left the company, many people who were promoted over me have left also or haven't done very well at that position. Also, hire some more people....I know that you are picky with the people you bring on, but every office I've been to has been understaffed and that takes a huge toll on your employees.

Branch Manager

Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Leesburg, VA
    Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Leesburg, VA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ability to move up the ladder somewhat quickly. You have the ability to make some pretty good money after a couple of years, if the stars align.

Cons

Hours seem to be a little long for the young college graduates. The attire for males, and females I would assume as well, can make it a bit challenging to wash cars in the middle of summer as fast as pit row!!! That is exactly what you had when you checked your customers into cars, not the most professional look. To get promoted quickly, it is best to attend all happy hours, smooch a lot of butt, and fudge your numbers as much as possible. Seems like an easy way to climb the corporate ladder, but just not my cup of tea.

Advice to Management

Chill out, and d'ont over promise, and under deliver (ie: cars for reservations) It would benefit you long term to be a little less profitable, purchase more vehicles thus running not as "tight". This would help to ensure that each customer, or at least way more, actually get the car that they reserved. Seems like a pretty simple long term business plan, no???