Sales-Centric Organization

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Great atmosphere and employees to work with.

Cons

If you can't sell, stay away.

Other Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

No time for family life

Former Employee - MTA  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - MTA in Columbus, OH

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent entry level starting pay and very likely to hire if you have any 4 year degree. Friendly people and a good fit for type A personalities.

Cons

You are expected to be a grunt for the first part of your career. Also, extremely sales oriented with constant role plays and cheerleading expected. Mandatory unpaid meetings, happy hours and other activities.

Good Company, Hard Work, Low Pay

Former Employee - Management Assistant  in  Jeffersonville, PA
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Jeffersonville, PA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Learn about running a business from A to Z.
    - Company really tries to have a pro work-life balance scheme for employees.
    - Advancement opportunities are there for a hard-worker.
    - Work for a very large company but you get the small mom & pop shop feel in each individual branch.
    - Always something to do. Never bored sitting around & the branch you work at is a true reflection of you & your peers that you work with in your branch.

Cons

- Although they try to be pro work-life balance, it never works out that way.
    - Very low pay for what they put you through.
    - Don't buy nice clothes & wear them to work. They will get destroyed. It normally took a few days of cleaning cars & such to destroy brand new clothes.
    - Work more than you ever imagine to the point where you want to scream at times.
    - Say there is an opportunity for advancement at any time. What they fail to mention is its really based off whether or not upper management likes you. A lot of political BS involved with the company.

Stop putting a strangle hold on peoples careers. Myself I was on the fast track to move up very quickly in the company, but some structuring shake ups in my area put an area manager as my boss who really didn't like me & put a complete halt on my career. Allow people to succeed if they have the tools to do so. Very frustrating but upper management has no problem flexing muscles when they want to.

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!