There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Went from Great to bad due to poor management.

Former Employee - Accounting Supervisor in Charleston, WV
Former Employee - Accounting Supervisor in Charleston, WV

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great training, learn to run your own business.

Cons

Not Family friendly. Promotes from within, so some people not qualified, just good talkers

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Do 360 degree reviews to get opinions on both sides-from upper and lower management.

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

If you are fresh out of college and don't care about a social life this is the job for you

Former Employee - Management Trainee in La Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in La Mesa, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros is a tough one... The people tend to be fun to work with but with 60+ hour work weeks people you would normally get along with you suddenly hate due the amount of time spent around them. You can learn to a few sales tactics that you can relate to better jobs in the future.

Cons

Zero work/life balance. I worked at a location that was open from 7am till 6:30pm (After finishing up close-up I would get out around 7:15-7:30 on a slow night.) You add in a rotating Saturday shift and I was consistently working over 60 hours a week. That would normally be great but at 12ish dollars an hour it doesnt amount to much which I guess didnt matter because I didnt have time to spend it on anything anyway. You are told that the only thing that matters is customer service during orientation and training. That all changes the second you get to your branch. You are solely judged on your ability to talk little old ladies into getting insurance that they dont need or want mostly using scare tactics. Now, I have no problem with selling or sales positions. But, when a company is counting on you to hit a quota (The word "quota" wont be used but it exists I assure you) you expect to be compensated accordingly. That is not the case at Enterprise. You are an indentured servant for almost a year before you get a taste of anything decent. You will be bounced around all over your area to different locations attempting to get promoted. The great thing about getting promoted is a slight bump in pay (not your base, you get a profit cut) but your hours now increase.... I work to live not live to work... So, I left and went into commission sales and make double the money and work less hours. You are better off doing that.

Advice to Management

Be honest about the quota. At the end of the day its all about profit.

2. Long Hours - Minimum Pay

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Troy, MI

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent opportunity to learn every aspect (from Sales to detaling cars) of the rental car industry. Great experience for an entry level auto insurance claim position with the larger insurance companies. Working at a dealership location has it perks including automatic car washes.

Cons

Very long hours including Saturday's depending on the location. Detaling cars in the winter months is not appealing. Sales is a major part of advancing - selling damage protection is expected not discussed during the interview process.

Advice to Management

Disclose the expectations and duties as part of the interview process. I doubt most people would think detailing cars is part of the manager trainee program.