Enterprise Rent-A-Car

www.go.enterprise.com

A great culture with underpaid, over worked employees

Current Employee - Management Trainee
Current Employee - Management Trainee

Pros

The culture is fantastic. Everyone who works with the company is wonderful and young. How often can you have a beer with the big boss (who is making roughly 14 million) at his house one day after work? Not many companies have a culture as well as Enterprise. If you want to be in Medical sales this is the absolute best place to start your career out of college. Medical sales companies love the Enterprise name.

Cons

First off, we are now a 7 days a week now... If I wanted to go into retail I would have. $11 an hour is extremely low for the amount of work we put it. A high majority of the Enterprise employees all agree we work too much while getting paid too little. I put in roughly 57 hrs a week with a hour commute to work. I have absolute no work/life balance. In winter when the wind chill is in negatives it is terrible having to be outside in a suit and peacoat washing and scrapping off cars all day. My biggest problem with Enterprise is promotional criteria. SELL SELL SELL. You could be the most rude, unintelligent employee and still get promoted if you are in top 10% selling. There are a lot of assistant managers who have no idea what they're doing but they were promoted strictly and solely on selling protection.

Long story short, if you cant sell you will never make money at this company.

Figure out new promotional criteria. I know a lot of MT's who have the ability to manage a branch successfully but they do not get the opportunity since they cant not hit they're sales consecutively. Have to pay employees more and retention will raise.

Other reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

If you ever want to move up in this company you have to bleed for them first.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Spokane, WA

Pros

Great resume builder and good experience at sales.

Cons

You work long hours and even when you do move up you still work long hours.

Appreciate your employees more and make them work less.

Learned a lot that can help me do very well in a other sales and customer service companies.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

Learn key skills that other businesses look for such as sales, customer service, marketing, leadership and people skills.

Cons

In order to keep customer service rating scores in your favor, it's hard to stay firm when some of the accounts you service and customers disrespect you.

Make your employees feel special because you work to hard for so little where anyone from here can work less for a more fun and lucrative job.

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!