Enterprise Rent-A-Car

www.go.enterprise.com
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Great entry level job with growth oppurtunities into management.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, travel opportunities and lots of training provided.

Cons

Customer complaints on a corporate level being reflected to the branch.

Increase auditing of branch manager book-keeping, ie hours for part time workers.

3392 Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car (View Most Recent)

Horrible

Former Employee - Branch Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Coworkers sorry there are no other pros.

Cons

Everyone in upper management treats you like a slave. Lies to your and manipulates you in order to achieve something for themselves. Then when the time comes they throw you under the bus after they have been instructing you to do the wrong things the entire time.

Someday you will reap what you sow!

Absolute Nightmare

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time

Pros

A few. Learned how to actually sell products( Extra Insurance) to customers.
    Learned customer servicer skills and how to deal with hostile customers, which there were quite a few of.

Cons

Just stating the facts here. Seems like everyone has consumed the green cool aide and all is well. Here's what really goes on.

The hours are horrible. 7:30am to 6:30pm. The pay is low. I averaged $10.70 an hour.

You are renting, shuffling and washing cars. You will also be making phone calls to collect money form people. They don't tell you that in the job description either.

You will probably have to work a short shift every other Saturday.

The higher ups make all the money while the lower peons work very hard to bring in the money.
    If you work at certain branches, your life will be miserable. Non stop work, crummy pay and not a moment to think.
    Upper management is a joke. They are glorified baby sitters. I found many who talk down to you. Why? they can fire you or you'll quit and some idiot who doesn't know any better will take your place until they flame out and the process is repeated.

The extra insurance you HAVE to sell is a joke. It's useless. Almost all of it is pure profit for the company. You are ranked on it, so you have to sell it.
    Don't drink the green collide. I found Enterprise managers lie to you from the first interview on. It was a good stepping stone, but I left after an absolute burnout.

You have to put in years of work to start making any money. Not a long term solution. Not a good job to raise a family on.

I was also in management. The Skills test wasn't bad. The all day "Grill" to even be considered for management was a joke. It seemed like a Fraternity hazing more than anything. No one should be locked in a room with two managers for 2 hours berating you with different scenarios. Unbelievable. I almost quit on the spot because it was just so mind blowing. Yes, I did pass and go into management.

These are the facts man. I worked very hard at ERAC. I'm sure someone on this site will try to shun this post and say it isn't true, but I lived the nightmare that was ERAC.

Oh, and " Andy" the founder is just that. The founder. He's not a god or the pope. Stop using his name in tests and questioning from management. What a joke.

Stop talking down to your employees. The peons make your salary. Remember that. Stop thinking it's your way or the highway. You don't always have the best ideas.

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car