good experience

Current Employee - Sales Management Trainee Intern  in  Newport News, VA
Current Employee - Sales Management Trainee Intern in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Given a lot of responsibility, treated with respect, relaxed work environment, lots of happy hours and get-togethers. also great networking

Cons

long hours, angry customers every once in a while

Other Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pushes you to be unethical.

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You work so many hours the employees become your family. You stay friends with them after everyone quits or gets fired.

Cons

Long hours, failed promises for promotions, training is really brainwashing and the company has "happy hours" and encourages drinking as everyone drives away sloshed and buzzed. If you don't have the "numbers" you are supposed to have, management tells you to do what it takes to fix your numbers. Almost unofficially encouraging unethical behavior.

The company used to be a good company before we bought Alamo and National. After that the company stopped caring about their employees and will push you till you burn out. Then they will find reasons to get you moved out (fired). I was a good loyal 10 year employee that would not be unethical so they let me go. If you are management you are probably next. The max they want someone is 3 years. They will fire you and get two to three new clones in your place.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Response

May 1, 2014Director: Employment Brand

Thank you very much for your review. We take ethics very seriously and we do not support unethical behavior. We would like to hear more about your experience, to help resolve this behavior taking ... More

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME

Former Employee - Management Trainee  in  Morris, IL
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Morris, IL

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people. But the good ones dont stick around too long.

Cons

Trick people into thinking they need enterprise's protection plan when you know full well that there insurance protection plan is MORE than enough. Wash cars majority of day in a suit and tie. Busy work if your not washing cars or at the counter ripping people off. Long hours. No commission. Low pay. Customer's are always upset about something so you learn good customer service skills. No work life balance. Transfer you more than an hour away with no notice or compensation(very frequent)

You rent cars. Quit making it out to be bigger than it is. There is no need to have your employees cleaning cars for tbe majority of the day in a suit and tie. And learn some ethics, quit ripping your customers off.

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!