Enterprise Rent-A-Car

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Stay on your game!

Current Employee - Sales Executive
Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great corporate environment. Great people in every facet and department. Great potential to grow as a leader and professional.
If you try your hardest every day, you will get promoted and your hard work will shine through. Don't be scared to change things up if something isn't working for you. Lastly, STAY POSITIVE. Positivity is infectious and it can get you promoted in combination with your hard work. You and your outlook are the only things holding you back.

Cons

Long hours can be very challenging and bringing your work home can be tough for your significant other. (Speaking if when I was in daily rental) If work life balance is an issue, bring it up to your area manager. If enough people feel the same and retention suffers, you'll get more staffing.

Your outlook can depend on the caliber of manager you have when you first start. If you see something you don't like, say something. It's sometimes the only way for upper management to know there's a batch seed in the bunch.

I understand the reasoning, but know that cutting back on company outings and celebrations does not go unnoticed and creates a negative view on corporate and the folks ( level 4s) who are making the big money in the groups and Corp Headquarters.

The employees in rental need a little more incentive and interaction from group corporate employees. It will help with buy in.

Take a little longer to recognize successes and milestones before dismissing them for larger goals. Rejoice in the success of your employees with them! It will pay off huge dividends down the road

3184 Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car (View Most Recent)

A rewarding experience with an excellent group of people

Former Employee - Sales and Management Trainee Intern
    Former Employee - Sales and Management Trainee Intern

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-Enterprise experience provides a great resume booster.
    -Gain all around knowledge of branch management, sales, etc.
    -Friendly, helpful, and approachable management team.
    -Boost your customer service, sales, and other professional skills.
    -Fun and fast work environment

Cons

-Long hours with low pay
    -Company attempts to obtain/retain new employees by appealing to the potential career advancement/money that could be made with the company. However, there are long hours of low pay that one must deal with along the way. I invested in college to achieve a more comfortable living, and ultimately I found it difficult to imagine investing additional years of low wages in order to achieve a more comfortable wage range.

Consider the investment that college students/graduates have made and the expenditures that most have. With the average college grad trying to pay off student loans as well as common living expenses (housing,transportation,food), it is difficult to imagine managing these expenses and maintain a minimum social life with the current management trainee wage.

Promoted based on performance!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I work with a awesome people. Upper management challenges me to develop myself and to run a business. After only six months I was promoted to assistant manager and after a year I hope to be running my own branch!

Cons

The hours are long but no more than 50 a week. People complain that it is hard work but when was anything handed to you? The pay isn't the greatest at the bottom but unless you plan to stay at the bottom it goes up very fast.

Keep promoting and opening new offices for more opportunities!

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car