There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

The job is great the money isnt.

Current Employee - Mechanic in Hebron, KY
Current Employee - Mechanic in Hebron, KY

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

The benefits are excellent. The hours are great. Other employees are easy to get along with. Freedom doing my job. not to stressful

Cons

we have reviews every six months but no raises are ever involved. Its a dead end job in my field. the incentive is based on customer service which we are never involved in since we work in the garage. But my biggest problems is are wage is based on passing ase test. which expires every five years and we have to retest and pay for it out of our own pocket. its the only job i know that you have to test every five years to keep your wage. its not based on quality of work or how hard you work or how good you do your job. no overtime anymore we used to get unlimited overtime.

Advice to Management

Offer more overtime and give cost of living raises every six months. Understand we have college under our belt and we get all sweaty and dirty all the time.

reviews filtered by
  1. A good place to work

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Excellent training program
    Fast-paced, do not have a lot of "down-time" so the day blows by
    Plenty of PTO
    Solid benefits
    Generally a "young" company, at least at the ground level leads typically to an upbeat place

Cons

Long hours
    Difficult industry to work in - get treated poorly and disrespected by customers and accounts alike
    Poor 401k matching
    Saturated market with little room for capital growth and career growth past the branch manager level

Advice to Management

There is more to retention then going out to lunch or some beers at the bowling alley.
    Start listening to your employees again and stop telling them how they should feel about a situation.

Management Trainee at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Enterprise is a good place to start out right after graduating from college. You do learn great sales techniques and how to deliver excellent customer service. The pay is decent for the type of work involved.

Cons

I didn't like the fact that Enterprise Rent-A-Car literally ran out of cars almost on a daily basis after customers have already made a reservation for one. It was very hard for me to fib and make an excuse that the customer would by. We were taught ways how to work around that situation by upcharging them and placing them in a nicer car. Also, we had to re-clean the cars (in our suits) when the car washers didn't go a great job.

Advice to Management

Management doesn't need to allow "smoke breaks" for their employees while others who are non-smokers are working extremely hard right doing their job right beside them. Management also needs to allow more cars at their branch for their customers.