There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

The job is great the money isnt.

Current Employee - Mechanic in Hebron, KY
Current Employee - Mechanic in Hebron, KY

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

The benefits are excellent. The hours are great. Other employees are easy to get along with. Freedom doing my job. not to stressful

Cons

we have reviews every six months but no raises are ever involved. Its a dead end job in my field. the incentive is based on customer service which we are never involved in since we work in the garage. But my biggest problems is are wage is based on passing ase test. which expires every five years and we have to retest and pay for it out of our own pocket. its the only job i know that you have to test every five years to keep your wage. its not based on quality of work or how hard you work or how good you do your job. no overtime anymore we used to get unlimited overtime.

Offer more overtime and give cost of living raises every six months. Understand we have college under our belt and we get all sweaty and dirty all the time.

3042 Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car (View Most Recent)

A good place to work

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Excellent training program
    Fast-paced, do not have a lot of "down-time" so the day blows by
    Plenty of PTO
    Solid benefits
    Generally a "young" company, at least at the ground level leads typically to an upbeat place

Cons

Long hours
    Difficult industry to work in - get treated poorly and disrespected by customers and accounts alike
    Poor 401k matching
    Saturated market with little room for capital growth and career growth past the branch manager level

There is more to retention then going out to lunch or some beers at the bowling alley.
    Start listening to your employees again and stop telling them how they should feel about a situation.

Great Place to Springboard!

Current Employee - Management Assistant in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Management Assistant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Great training, great start for young professionals, nice entry-level, customer service based, sales experience, problem solving experience, professional atmosphere, great benefits

Cons

no life outside of work, typically working 55+ hours a week including Saturdays and do not get paid well, promotions bottleneck severely after the branch manager position

It's time to compensate the entry-level workhorse money-makers a bit better. People frequently are burned out from all the company asks us to do for 10+ hours each day.

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car