Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Great Opportunity, Hard Work

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Management Trainee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Great entry level position that gives you a very broad range of experience in sales, customer service, and management. "If you work hard, the reward hard work".

Cons

Long hours... really long hours.

also,

You are a bunch of numbers to management. NO matter how much you put into the company previously, if you drop in sales you become expendable.

Take into account intangibles as well as sales. College grads take this job and are burned out 2 years after graduation.

3539 Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car (View Most Recent)

Great Internship, Not So Sure About Full Time

Former Employee - Intern in Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in Long Island City, NY

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

A paying summer internship. Getting to meet lots of new people. Great sales experience. Great training. Meritocratic promotions. Great after work company events.

Cons

It seems very hard to get promoted above area Manager. You have to move around alot to get promoted to the top levels. Promotions are very results based which can hurt you depending on the market your in.

Just focus on Morale.

Honest Truth

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Enterprise is a good place to work if you like people and dealing with challenging situations. During my tenure of 5 years I met some really dynamic people and learned alot about myself and my management strategy.

Cons

Wage's they pay their employee's is ridiculous. If you are a great salesman then go to another rental agency because they pay you for your individual sales where Enterprise pays you hourly only with the promise of a promotion. Most the time, those promises go over promised and you have to deal with frustration and embarassement of not getting promoted over the other person.

I beleive that the Executive management is doing an excellent job of driving the company in the right direction. I believe that middle management needs to wake up and be honest with its employees instead of over-promising and under delivering. Middle management is affraid to take risk's and in this tuff economy they have reverted to the bread and butter of the business the "replacement" market. Take care of your employees and they will make you a rockstar, otherwise the first to leave you are going to be your best employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car