Entertainment Cruises
www.entertainmentcruises.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great Summer Internship in a Beautiful part of the city

Sales and Customer Service Intern (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsEvery single intern had numerous opportunities to meet with the top executives who grew Entertainment Cruises into the industry leader (in less than 25 years!) learn about their personal career path as well as hear interesting anecdotes about their experiences with all of this. I went to a number of these events and everyone gave great suggestions on how to improve in both a personal and professional capacity. Also, Entertainment Cruises has a phenomenal marketing department (what I've found to be a strong backbone to the company) so I would recommend spending time with them for anyone interested in starting a career in marketing. Group Sales has features of event planning so if you're interested in going into that, you can also build a lot of experience with that there.

They really do a stellar job hiring the top students from the best hospitality and business schools in the country. I was able to work on the Odyssey as well as in the call center and in both places I was impressed by the work ethic and camaraderie.

The company values are listed all over the internet and being conscious about these things plays such a huge role in the organization. They sound like common sense things necessary to be good at everything, but I have never worked anywhere where the management truly believed in their shared values so much so that they would organize paid workshops where top execs share personal examples about how living these values have enriched their lives with, sometimes very personal examples of how these values have helped them be better in everything they do.

I was in the corporate office one day and said hi to the VP of marketing as he was walking past, not only did he remember my name (even though I only met him once, and that too very briefly), but he also went out took an active interest in me and my experience in a way that seemed very genuine so I got the impression that these values and behaviors were really ones that everyone- from upper management on down try to practice on a daily basis. The National Sales Director even bought me lunch one day! This company is really filled with some great people with a passion for excellence in a way that really makes for a very positive work environment.
Moreover, the skills I learned during this internship have helped me improve how I communicate, my time management, organization, and productivity as well as everything I have done outside of the workplace.

ConsThis might have been because I started later into the dual internship because many others seemed to be able to make it work better but I found that their process of managing the dual internship led to me getting less hours at each place, which, if you are working hourly- can be a bit difficult. However, like I said, there were other people who had other jobs at all sorts of companies throughout the Chicagoland area and seemed to make it work so this could have been an isolated incident.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick with your corporate values and you will continue to do great.

Fun, Flexible, and a Great First Internship

HQ Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at Entertainment Cruises as an intern for more than a year

Pros: I got a lot of flexibility but also an increasing amount of responsibility as I learned more. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. I got… Cons: At times, work can be very monotonous and tedious. Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you're doing! It has been a great… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Customer Service Internship is decent but doesn't offer much to learn.

Customer Service Intern (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at Entertainment Cruises as an intern for less than a year

Pros: The best thing about working here is that this internship is paid and that the fellow interns are… Cons: Unfortunately, this really isn't quite an internship. The learning opportunities are scarce and it feels a lot more like part time worth. With a greater… Advice to Senior Management: Management is great, but they should understand that people come to these internships to learn new things and gain a vast understanding of this particular… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Entertainment Cruises.

Worked for Entertainment Cruises? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Entertainment Cruises reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Entertainment Cruises CEO Michael W. Higgins. All reviews posted anonymously by Entertainment Cruises employees.