Entertainment Cruises

There are newer employer reviews for Entertainment Cruises

Great Summer Internship in a Beautiful part of the city

Former Employee - Sales and Customer Service Intern in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Sales and Customer Service Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Entertainment Cruises as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Every single intern had numerous opportunities to meet with the top executives who grew Entertainment Cruises into the industry leader (in less than 25 years!) learn about their personal career path as well as hear interesting anecdotes about their experiences with all of this. I went to a number of these events and everyone gave great suggestions on how to improve in both a personal and professional capacity. Also, Entertainment Cruises has a phenomenal marketing department (what I've found to be a strong backbone to the company) so I would recommend spending time with them for anyone interested in starting a career in marketing. Group Sales has features of event planning so if you're interested in going into that, you can also build a lot of experience with that there.

They really do a stellar job hiring the top students from the best hospitality and business schools in the country. I was able to work on the Odyssey as well as in the call center and in both places I was impressed by the work ethic and camaraderie.

The company values are listed all over the internet and being conscious about these things plays such a huge role in the organization. They sound like common sense things necessary to be good at everything, but I have never worked anywhere where the management truly believed in their shared values so much so that they would organize paid workshops where top execs share personal examples about how living these values have enriched their lives with, sometimes very personal examples of how these values have helped them be better in everything they do.

I was in the corporate office one day and said hi to the VP of marketing as he was walking past, not only did he remember my name (even though I only met him once, and that too very briefly), but he also went out took an active interest in me and my experience in a way that seemed very genuine so I got the impression that these values and behaviors were really ones that everyone- from upper management on down try to practice on a daily basis. The National Sales Director even bought me lunch one day! This company is really filled with some great people with a passion for excellence in a way that really makes for a very positive work environment.
Moreover, the skills I learned during this internship have helped me improve how I communicate, my time management, organization, and productivity as well as everything I have done outside of the workplace.

Cons

This might have been because I started later into the dual internship because many others seemed to be able to make it work better but I found that their process of managing the dual internship led to me getting less hours at each place, which, if you are working hourly- can be a bit difficult. However, like I said, there were other people who had other jobs at all sorts of companies throughout the Chicagoland area and seemed to make it work so this could have been an isolated incident.

Stick with your corporate values and you will continue to do great.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Entertainment Cruises (View Most Recent)

Fun, Flexible, and a Great First Internship

Current Employee - HQ Intern
    Current Employee - HQ Intern

I have been working at Entertainment Cruises as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

I got a lot of flexibility but also an increasing amount of responsibility as I learned more. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. I got to mingle with the high-up executives on a daily basis and be a part of lots of different projects. It has been a great introduction into the working world. Super fun culture that is demonstrated by all levels in the company

Cons

At times, work can be very monotonous and tedious.

Keep doing what you're doing! It has been a great experience thus far

Customer Service Internship is decent but doesn't offer much to learn.

Current Employee - Customer Service Intern in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Intern in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Entertainment Cruises as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The best thing about working here is that this internship is paid and that the fellow interns are pretty great. Everyone is nice and very willing to help. The company policy of OSS definitely inspires this.

Cons

Unfortunately, this really isn't quite an internship. The learning opportunities are scarce and it feels a lot more like part time worth. With a greater investment in real cross-training opportunities as opposed to the "shadowing" opportunities they offer, there could be more to learn. The day to day responsibilities are somewhat repetitive, but most days go by fast.

Management is great, but they should understand that people come to these internships to learn new things and gain a vast understanding of this particular industry. The internship program really needs some work to be considered an internship and not part time work. That being said they are flexible with availability and days off which is nice.

There are newer employer reviews for Entertainment Cruises