Entertainment Publications dba Entertainment Promotions

www.entertainment.com
There are newer employer reviews for Entertainment Publications dba Entertainment Promotions

Worked there 10 years & it was great for the 1st 8 years then began to go down hill.

Former Employee - Fundraising Account Executive
Former Employee - Fundraising Account Executive

I worked at Entertainment Publications dba Entertainment Promotions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Working with the schools, work/life balance by working from a home office. Decent base pay/benefits but minimal commission for the effort put forth.

Cons

Management was almost criminal in their attitude toward sales reps. Example: when my mother was dying I applied for immediate vacation to leave for another state. My regional VP denied my vacation stating that he "wasn't comfortable with me taking time off". I filed a complaint with their useless HR department & left anyway. After I returned my life was made miserable & I was laid off.

Shut it down & go work at McDonald's...if they'll actually hire you.

69 Other Employee Reviews for Entertainment Publications dba Entertainment Promotions (View Most Recent)

Nepotism and negative profit

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Entertainment Publications dba Entertainment Promotions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

* Family atmosphere (literally)
    * Generally friendly co-workers
    * A product when used, does help save money
    * Brand recognition for sales

Cons

* Acquisition after Chapter 7 Bankruptcy by former founders' family
    * Replaced competent CEO with incompetent leaders who have never actually run a business
    * Hired sons, sisters and past 'friends of family' for host of leadership, marketing and sales
    * In short - rich people own the company now and there is bad behavior and favoritism that impedes career, company success and future outlook
    * Once you read their required non-compete agreement you'll know to RUN not walk away from this company. (For me it will be a happy New Year when I go)

* Having to have CFO approval for vacation over 3 days is micromanaging at a level rarely done in the 20th century and sends a message you DONT trust your leaders to manage at a very basic level
    * Appreciate all the 'inspiring PR' when you took over the company, but actions speak louder than words now that you're running the business.
    * Last CEO shared financials, the fact that you no longer even let your most senior leaders know how the business is performing speaks volumes --silence is deafening
    * What worked for your mom and dad 50 years ago is not going to work now. Get a clue and get yourself some help from people who understand how to run companies, engender trust with their employees and have worked in the marketplace you now operate in.

Do not waste your time with this company

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Troy, MI

I worked at Entertainment Publications dba Entertainment Promotions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large company, can get you experience handling multiple jobs, departments.

Cons

Terrible working environment, negative as lay offs happen regularly. No one is ever promoted from within unless you were doing favors under the door.

Learn how to manage!

Work at Entertainment Publications dba Entertainment Promotions? Share Your Experiences

Entertainment Publications dba Entertainment Promotions