Entrance Software

www.entrancesoftware.com
  www.entrancesoftware.com
There are newer employer reviews for Entrance Software

One of the worst place I've ever worked

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Entrance Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They had great health benefits, salary offered was ok, food, fruits, snacks are available. Refrigerator was always stocked.

Cons

Management was very rude and disrespectful
Environment not setup for open communication
No formal training and expected to hit the ground running on first day
Expected to be play different hats for e.g. Business Analyst & SoftwareTester

Individual roles should be crystal clear. If you hire a Software Engineer then they should just build/program. Samething goes if you hire a Software Tester all they are required to do is test the application.

Entrance Software Response

May 14, 2014President

Thanks so much for the feedback - one of our core beliefs is that great people "run to criticism" and we welcome the learning we get even from failure in a hiring decision.

Although our training
... More

22 Other Employee Reviews for Entrance Software (View Most Recent)

Good company but realize what it is

Former Employee - Software Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Software Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Entrance Software as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The owner Nate is a phenomenal business person and marketer. The company gets challenging opportunities and tries to be very nice to it's employees. He knows what he is doing and it shows. Money is not always there but Nate is smart and keeps fringe benefits rolling.

Cons

Ultimately, the company is about the bottom line and ownership is more interested in the now than in long term investments in people. If you can't contribute to the company *now*, look for another job. In addition, some of the management is there because they technically excel and are friends of Nate. They do not all have good people skills.

Most of what you are doing is working. Your company is experiencing a lot of growth and now is the time to think about what type of mid-size consulting company you want to be and how to get there. Some people are really good leads but not good upper management. Restructure and invest in the right people. You can go a lot farther.

Fake fun-environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Entrance Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Entrance is a growing, although at a slow rate
    Small company so you know everyone

Cons

Harsh micro-management, team leader or managers are horrible in communicating with their employees
    Little raise and bonus at the end of the year (eventhough the company claimed to have increased in revenue)
    Slow on promotion opportunity
    Managers and team leaders are mean, selfish

Managers should work more on people skills
    Managers should learn to differentiate between the smart and has-potential employees versus the dumb but sweet-talking employees

Entrance Software Response

Dec 29, 2013President

In a meritocracy, promotions are given when deserved and earned through ambition, hard work and value alignment. We have several teammates who have been promoted 3 times in a year.
    As can be