There are newer employer reviews for Entropic Communications

Working at Entropic

Former Employee - Senior Layout Designer  in  San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Senior Layout Designer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Entropic Communications as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I only contracted here for a few weeks, but really liked the company culture. People were friendly, willing to help. They brought in both lunch and dinner for us during the tape-out phase.

Cons

There was a lot of pressure due to the fact that the tape-out date was close.

I had no working relationship with upper management so I really have no comments.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Entropic Communications (View Most Recent)

Good compensation, good for the talented, but not good for those who seek personal growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Entropic Communications full-time

Pros

Generally good company benefits and compensation. Good if you like to work with hard and energetic workers; generally easy to get along with others. Company is willing to invest in tools that make sense for individuals and teams. Marketing/business is transparent with overall company strategy/direction.

Cons

Hiring is focus on specialized engineering talent rather than those who are technical leaders. This tends to be bad for team camaraderie. Teams/groups tend to work as vertical silos rather than together; sometimes there is an effort to coerce cross team function rather than natural cohesion. Perhaps this is due to the lack of clear business objectives to engineering tasks. This is not due to faulty communication rather than a lack of leadership/management that can effectively translate objectives.

Work on leading edge technology but not very rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Entropic Communications full-time

Pros

You work on leading edge technology and the work is very challenging. The products also have an impact on millions of people so it gives you a sense of accomplishment.

Cons

Lots of politics, not very rewarding unless you are working in the hardware group. Yes, it is a chip company, but other groups including SW also play a critical role in the success of the company.

Acknowledge that all functional areas play a critical role in the success of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Entropic Communications

Worked for Entropic Communications? Contribute to the Community!