Environment Agency

Good Development Opportunities

Former Employee - Project Manager
Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Environment Agency

Pros

Good environment for a graduate to learn new things and to be given greater responsibilities you wouldn't get in the private industry.

Absolutely fantastic work/life balance, that is not to say that its a ride, it's project delivery after all.

Cons

Pay, but that is to be expected in government.

Nurture your staff, recognise valuable staff and communicate to staff when going through significant business change.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Environment Agency (View Most Recent)

Please listen to your staff members.

I have been working at Environment Agency

Pros

If you want to extend yourself, the Environment Agency can assist. Depending on line manager support though which can be very variable at times.

Cons

The management levels from the lowest to the highest, sometimes seems as though they have no idea about managing people. Pay rates can be low for the work.

You have given your staff a voice, please try and listen to them. Please try and sort pay for the right motivated people.

Interesting, mostly challenging work in an area of expertise I am interested in

Current Employee - Hydrologist in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Hydrologist in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

I have been working at Environment Agency full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I work in an excellent office where there is a really good work-life balance. I enjoy my work, particularly for the problem solving challenges that regularly crop up. Fortunately, the a culture of supporting each other helps foster good working relationships.

Cons

Limited room for career progression in technical roles. Lack of reward for gaining professional qualification (i.e. Chartership) compared to the private sector.

Foster stronger relationships between national and area teams.

There are newer employer reviews for Environment Agency