Environmental Defense

www.edf.org
  www.edf.org
There are newer employer reviews for Environmental Defense

Fun place to work, challenging environment.

Former Employee - CCPS Fellow
Former Employee - CCPS Fellow

I worked at Environmental Defense

Pros

Great place to work. If you are concern about personal development, I would reccomend EDF. I learnt alot skill from my internship that I will be using in my full time job.

Cons

Communication was an issue most of the time.

Great program, keep it up.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Environmental Defense (View Most Recent)

it was a good place to work

I worked at Environmental Defense

Pros

-hardworking colleagues.
    -great reputation
    -the issues and mission are really worthwhile
    -great location in san francisco
    -you feel proud working there.

Cons

mmmmm, some of the management are very corporate oriented, and not as edf-mission driven as others. also, everyone but the admin staff are treated really well. if you're admin, then be prepared for a life of fetching sodas and filling out endless, ever-changing expense and credit card reports (every few months, the financial team changes, and with every change, they change or update the reports and charge codes.)

not a a lot of cross program work or relationships - too many meetings just for the sake of meetings. go back to the old EDF way.

Great mission, highly effective, but could be better.

I have been working at Environmental Defense

Pros

Perhaps the most effective environmental NGO to work at the intersection of environment, markets, and business. Most employees feel like they have an ability to shape the national dialogue on environmental issues and the organization is creative in it's approach.

Cons

There is no clear path for advancement within the organization, so it's up to employees to "figure it out" and make opportunities happen for themselves. Compensation for employees that rise up within the organization does not keep pace with new employees.

Create a consistent advancement track for employees and improve equity in salary for new and existing employees. Encourage managers to praise employees for a job well done on a more regular basis.

There are newer employer reviews for Environmental Defense