Environmental Defense
www.edf.org New York, NY 150 to 499 Employees

Passionate pragmatists

Analyst (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsThis is a great org to work for if you care about pragmatic solutions to environmental problems. Middle management is generally great in my experience, caring about their employees and generally seeking to encourage professional growth.

ConsUpper management is a little detached, and often times the pressure to fund raise overtakes other work priorities. While personal and professional growth is encouraged there are limits and promoting from within seems rare.

Great Place to work

New York, NY

I have been working at Environmental Defense

Pros: Environmental Defense is a great place to work for. The… Cons: Environmental Defense is top heavy in some departments Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

EDF is a relaxed place to work where you feel like you are doing good things with good people

Associate (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Environmental Defense

Pros: I think the best reasons to work for EDF has to be the atmosphere. The NYC office is extremely laid back, everyone is very friendly.… Cons: The downside of working at EDF has to be the leadership and continuity of the… Advice to Senior Management: My best advice to the EDF mgmt would have to be for better… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Environmental Defense.

Worked for Environmental Defense? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Environmental Defense reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Environmental Defense CEO Fred Krupp. All reviews posted anonymously by Environmental Defense employees.