Environmental Defense

There are newer employer reviews for Environmental Defense

Passionate pragmatists

Current Employee - Analyst in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Environmental Defense full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great org to work for if you care about pragmatic solutions to environmental problems. Middle management is generally great in my experience, caring about their employees and generally seeking to encourage professional growth.

Cons

Upper management is a little detached, and often times the pressure to fund raise overtakes other work priorities. While personal and professional growth is encouraged there are limits and promoting from within seems rare.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Environmental Defense (View Most Recent)

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Environmental Defense

Pros

Environmental Defense is a great place to work for. The company does great stuff that is beneficial to future.

Cons

Environmental Defense is top heavy in some departments

EDF is a relaxed place to work where you feel like you are doing good things with good people

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Environmental Defense

Pros

I think the best reasons to work for EDF has to be the atmosphere. The NYC office is extremely laid back, everyone is very friendly. The employers are very understanding of your personal life and time and don't want you to revolve your life around the job. As for the office itself, it is in a great location in the heart of the Flatiron district. The office has a very open floor plan with high ceilings that help prevent you from going stir crazy and It also consists of 4 floors and 3 kitchens with some of the most amazing views of the city I've ever seen

Cons

The downside of working at EDF has to be the leadership and continuity of the missions. Often it seemed there was no direct resolve in the work in we were doing.

My best advice to the EDF mgmt would have to be for better communication among the workers. Although communication was constant substance and meaning were often lacking

There are newer employer reviews for Environmental Defense