There are newer employer reviews for Environmental Defense

Great place to intern!

Former Employee - Legal Intern  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - Legal Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Environmental Defense as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Very friendly people, easy going atmosphere, many opportunities to learn about many different areas of environmental protection and preservation, incredibly knowledgeable staff, nice area, all day free water and coffee, very flexible schedule.

Cons

Tasks for interns should be more well planned. I sometimes felt like my supervisors we're struggling to find meaningful work for me to do. However, this may not be the same for all supervisors. Computers are ancient, don't have much space, and can be very slow.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Environmental Defense (View Most Recent)

Passionate pragmatists

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Environmental Defense full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a great org to work for if you care about pragmatic solutions to environmental problems. Middle management is generally great in my experience, caring about their employees and generally seeking to encourage professional growth.

Cons

Upper management is a little detached, and often times the pressure to fund raise overtakes other work priorities. While personal and professional growth is encouraged there are limits and promoting from within seems rare.

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Environmental Defense

Pros

Environmental Defense is a great place to work for. The company does great stuff that is beneficial to future.

Cons

Environmental Defense is top heavy in some departments

There are newer employer reviews for Environmental Defense

Worked for Environmental Defense? Contribute to the Community!