Environmental Defense
www.edf.org New York, NY 150 to 499 Employees

Great learning internship!

Economic Policy Intern (Former Employee)
New York, NY

Pros-Work with really smart people
-Given intellectually challenging work
-Interesting weekly lunches with lectures from senior management and outside speakers

Cons-Unpaid internship
-Sometimes given work without quite enough guidance
-Not an easy internship, but overall a very good experience and one that will prepare you for a lot of different types of work down the road

Advice to Senior ManagementMove away from paper mail fundraising. It might work for now, but it comes across as hypocritical and it's more outdated than the fundraising staff thinks.

Wonderful experience, learned a lot.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Environmental Defense as an intern

Pros: Supportive, engaged group of passionate people. Cons: More emphasis on team culture would be appreciative. More

Great work environment with capable collegues that are all passionate about many facets of the environment.

I have been working at Environmental Defense part-time

Pros: It is a very professional work environment and your colleagues… Cons: Management is always willing to listen but not often willing to move on policy which… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Environmental Defense.

Worked for Environmental Defense? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Environmental Defense reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Environmental Defense CEO Fred Krupp. All reviews posted anonymously by Environmental Defense employees.