Environmental Defense

www.edf.org

Great mission, highly effective, but could be better.

ProsPerhaps the most effective environmental NGO to work at the intersection of environment, markets, and business. Most employees feel like they have an ability to shape the national dialogue on environmental issues and the organization is creative in it's approach.

ConsThere is no clear path for advancement within the organization, so it's up to employees to "figure it out" and make opportunities happen for themselves. Compensation for employees that rise up within the organization does not keep pace with new employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a consistent advancement track for employees and improve equity in salary for new and existing employees. Encourage managers to praise employees for a job well done on a more regular basis.

EDF has an excellent culture and meaningful projects.

Oceans Program (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Environmental Defense as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Everyone is down to earth, very intelligent, and passionate about what they do. If you… Cons: Unfortunately the pay is low because it is a non-profit. Additionally, there is not a lot of room for upward… Advice to Senior Management: The culture is great and management has been great. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Ups & Downs

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Environmental Defense full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Relaxed, fun company, that works on a mission to help… Cons: Bad communication among programs & managers, low moral, HR needs… Advice to Senior Management: Keep your team in the loop... Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Environmental Defense.

Worked for Environmental Defense? Contribute to the Community!