Environmental Protection Agency

www.epa.gov
  www.epa.gov
There are newer employer reviews for Environmental Protection Agency

My work at EPA was amazing, but the limitations in hiring and growth were setbacks.

Former Employee - Environmental Protection Specialist in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Environmental Protection Specialist in Washington, DC

I worked at Environmental Protection Agency

Pros

The management is incredibly understanding (depending on the office you work in), great benefits, great people (again, depending on the office you work in).

Cons

There is some difficult in career advancement given the nature of the government; offices are often reorganized so there are "floating offices" every now and then.

My managers were incredibly understanding and were great people to work with. I can't speak for how the higher ups were, however, because I did not interact with senior level managers.

155 Other Employee Reviews for Environmental Protection Agency (View Most Recent)

Not the place for hard workers who are passionate about protecting the environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Environmental Protection Agency

Pros

You'll receive a good salary.
    Flexible environment.

Cons

This is not the placed for hard workers who are passionate about protecting the environment. This place is more gears towards senior employees who are just a few years from retirement and ready to just get by. Not the place for entry-level professionals. There is no mentorship, direction or deadlines on what your doing. Managers don't have a clue of what employees are doing and they don't care either. Most people in the building have a "it's just a paycheck" attitude and they really don't care about their work or the results of their performance. If you see the supervisors in the lab area, something must have gone wrong. There are employees that only come to work two or three times a week. Management won't deal with difficult employees. They just avoid the problems or expect the few hard working employees to solve their problems. Actually, the worst you perform the more you get promoted. Lots of favoritism. Lots of 65 and up, who won't retire, but won't perfom either. Many FTE's positions wasted. There is no communication between the employess. Most disagreements are dealt with employees yelling at each other, while the supervisors look the other way. I'm not sure how other agencies are, but I sure hope that there are some better ones out there. Don't waste your time applying here (not even volunteer, internships, etc) unless you just want a paycheck for getting by.

I would give a lot, but after all the classes that all of you have taken on how to become better managers... I don't think there is hope. At least try to be respectful with your employees, especially the few hard working ones. They are not at fault of your incompetence.

Looking during hard times

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Environmental Protection Agency

Pros

Great place to work and wonderful people to work with

Cons

Traffic to this location is difficult at times

There are newer employer reviews for Environmental Protection Agency