There are newer employer reviews for Environmental Resources Management

A company with a vision for success and strong strategic focus

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People are encouraged and measured on collaboration. Good leadership that is adaptable and focused on growth. The people are diverse, smart, and hardworking.

Cons

Processes and behaviours are not consistent across the company. Can be reactive when it comes to implementing processes, although this seems to be changing.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people. Continue to encourage and provide pathways for collaboration. Provide better defined paths for career development. Allow for better work-life balance.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

You Can Do Better Elsewhere

Former Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Environmental Resources Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some job flexibility. Some of the people were nice. If you're young and perceived to be an up and comer you can learn some good skills.

Cons

I worked in an evolving process risk group. 3 or 4 out of 27+ knew what they were doing. The rest were mostly young folks with no operating experience working on projects they knew nothing about. l almost felt guilty billing customers. If you're a seasoned professional expect to learn nothing new; no training or opportunity to learn anything. A few chosen young folks put on the fast track learn some new stuff, but no one else. Expectation is that you will work overtime. My job called for 98% billability with a 30 min. staff meeting each day that was part of the calculation - you do the math. Incentive bonus was removed for this year because "too many projects ran over budget". If the above was just my experience I'd take my lumps and be quiet, but many in my former group would echo my sentiments. Many good people have left after I did. As it was I left and have no regrets - had a wonderful new job that paid 30% more in 6 weeks.

Terrible place to work, but typical of consulting companies.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Environmental Resources Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can think of none. The partner I reported to was consistently late or did not show up to appointments with me, did nothing to further my career, and actively prevented me from finding work.

Cons

Lack of Advancement Opportunities, Politics, Organizational Structure, Lack of Recognition to junior staff.

Advice to Management

It would be in your best interest to value intelligent, hard working entry-level employees. Recognition through better pay, promotion, and other non-monetary perks would certainly go a long way. If you treat staff as if they're disposable, do not be surprised when they find another job.