Very smart people working very hard

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cary, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I have been working at Epic Games full-time for less than a year

Pros

I haven't been here too long but I've loved it so far. I'm continually impressed by my fellow employees and the teamwork that exists here. The culture is one of hard work and going above and beyond in all aspects, which works well when everyone is ascribing to that ethos. Management is very involved and very knowledgeable with a very clear vision.

Cons

I haven't had many cons yet. Very long hours, even outside of crunch. While it's not mandated you work more than 40 hours, the minimum I see people working is 50 to 60. So there's social pressure to stay longer. But then the workplace is very fun so it doesn't feel like a 50 hour week either..

Other Reviews for Epic Games

Fast and loose, employees are king

Current Employee - Senior Programmer  in  Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer in Cary, NC

I have been working at Epic Games full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are very few obstacles to getting work done at Epic. Anyone can put in the effort and kick ass at their job. The company is run very smartly, and puts a lot of thought into staying lean and effective in the industry.
    We have amazing benefits and amenities too, enough to make you wonder how other companies can be so boneheaded. This ranges from great health plan and 401k, to free lunches and stocked kitchen, to simple things like not having to fight for basics like a swingline stapler, a decent mouse, or a $50 piece of software that helps you do your job.
    Cary, NC is, surprisingly, a great place to live. It looks like Hicksville, BFE on the map, but it's actually a technology mecca full of yankees, close to the beach, the mountains, and everything else the east coast has to offer.

Cons

If you need a lot of structure to get work done, Epic may not be the place for you. We're trying variations on Agile, or at least going through the motions, but it's very fast and loose. Ultimately people just do whatever needs to be done.
    The downside to being pampered by Epic and working with the industry's best is that some days that means working with spoiled egotistical brats. Very few of Epic's employees realize how good they have it here.

It is the best job I have ever had!

I have been working at Epic Games full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people at Epic are amazing. They are incredibly talented and passionate about what they do. The management at Epic is constantly striving to make the culture and atmosphere at Epic a place that you want to come to work. The perks and benefits to the employees are the best I have ever seen for a company of this size.

Cons

Working at Epic can spoil you so that you become complacent about just how good it is.

There are newer employer reviews for Epic Games.

Worked for Epic Games? Contribute to the Community!