Epic Games

www.epicgames.com
  www.epicgames.com
There are newer employer reviews for Epic Games

Fast and loose, employees are king

Current Employee - Senior Programmer in Cary, NC
Current Employee - Senior Programmer in Cary, NC

I have been working at Epic Games full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are very few obstacles to getting work done at Epic. Anyone can put in the effort and kick ass at their job. The company is run very smartly, and puts a lot of thought into staying lean and effective in the industry.
We have amazing benefits and amenities too, enough to make you wonder how other companies can be so boneheaded. This ranges from great health plan and 401k, to free lunches and stocked kitchen, to simple things like not having to fight for basics like a swingline stapler, a decent mouse, or a $50 piece of software that helps you do your job.
Cary, NC is, surprisingly, a great place to live. It looks like Hicksville, BFE on the map, but it's actually a technology mecca full of yankees, close to the beach, the mountains, and everything else the east coast has to offer.

Cons

If you need a lot of structure to get work done, Epic may not be the place for you. We're trying variations on Agile, or at least going through the motions, but it's very fast and loose. Ultimately people just do whatever needs to be done.
The downside to being pampered by Epic and working with the industry's best is that some days that means working with spoiled egotistical brats. Very few of Epic's employees realize how good they have it here.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Epic Games (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Cary, NC

I have been working at Epic Games full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Epic only hires the best and it shows through the products that are released.
    -Flexible hours and good pay.
    -Great benefits.
    -There's always somethign awesome to work on.
    -Treats QA very well.

Cons

-Better skilled workers are sometimes left working on menial tasks instead of the things that they need or want to do.

Best company I've worked for

I have been working at Epic Games full-time

Pros

The offices are great, both in Seattle and in Cary. The perks are awesome. You get to work with some really brilliant people on interesting things.

Cons

Communication could be better, especially between offices. Supposedly crunch is an issue for some teams, though it has not been for me.

There are newer employer reviews for Epic Games