Epic Games

There are newer employer reviews for Epic Games

Great Company!

Current Employee - Administrative in Cary, NC
Current Employee - Administrative in Cary, NC

I have been working at Epic Games full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People are awesome, benefits are great, and company has complete transparency to its employees. Great strategic plan and leadership is always available.

Cons

Tight knit family- so new hires take time to get involved....

Keep up the good work!!

Epic Games Response

Jul 23, 2014Senior Recruiter

I know it's a bit late but welcome to the Epic family! We do our best to facilitate fun events to help people feel like they are part of the studio and meet new people. For example we have our ... More

27 Other Employee Reviews for Epic Games (View Most Recent)

The best game development studio to work for in the industry

Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Cary, NC

I have been working at Epic Games full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are amazing to work with - there is a real family atmosphere and everyone is the best at what they do, the facilities are amazing, the benefits are great, you get to be a part of innovating in a highly competitive field

Cons

The location is not as glamorous as some other studios and advancement is limited in some areas

An employer that truly cares about each employee and their family.

Current Employee - Technical Lead - QA in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Lead - QA in Cary, NC

I have been working at Epic Games full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is very aware of each employee and their happiness at work. Food and entertainment is supplied, as well as a full gym and quiet rooms. With the happiness of the employees of the utmost importance, they are able to attract the most talented people in the industry as well as keep their current employees at their best performance. During company meetings, there is a Q and A session, so all employees can ask the CEO anything (nothing is off limits). There are quarterly meetings with a random group of employees to get suggestions of what management can do to make Epic a better place. The company frequently organizes parties and events that are family friendly.

Cons

There is a bit of a hierarchy here, in spite of attempts to keep everything equal. The difference in pay between some jobs is quite (obviously) very large. There are some things the company is quick to spend money on (TVs, special events, etc), but some of their employees really miss out.

Realize the value of people that are a little "lower" on the totem pole. It's easier to promote from within than hire external! It would be good to have activities that force the different departments to interact with each other outside of work (the rally was a good example). Overall, there aren't a ton of complaints, I'm pretty happy here!

There are newer employer reviews for Epic Games