Epic Games

Mostly good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Epic Games

Pros

Great smart people with passion for what they do. Free snacks in the break room and a very cool culture.

Cons

Long long hours during crunch before the latest game gets released. Some days are pretty stressful. Teams in different areas don't interact much.

I don't have any particular advice or feedback for the leadership of Epic Games at this time. They mostly do great.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Epic Games (View Most Recent)

Epic is a growing company that has the spirit of a small startup.

Current Employee - Senior Engine Programmer in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Engine Programmer in Cary, NC

I have been working at Epic Games full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are plenty of directions that you can go, internally. The people make this company the living organism that it is, and it shows. For a game dev, they focus on the person and family, which is massively different from the industry norm.

Cons

The company is always changing, and that adds a volatile feeling to some projects. When the company focused on one project, there was a stability with that direction. With as many new areas as they're getting into, it makes you wonder which projects will survive.

Very well placed management, although the company has to grow in employees in certain areas.

Epic Games Response

Oct 28, 2014Senior Recruiter

Thanks for the feedback! You're right, the people here are amazing. Epic truly wants what is best for their employees and families. Don't miss the Halloween festivities later this week!

Have
    ... More

Epic is best game company to work at

I have been working at Epic Games full-time

Pros

Smart people work there. Management is honest and forthcoming. The quality of the work being done is extremely high. They always strive to do the right thing for customers and employees alike.

Cons

There are a lot of locations so a lot of coordination is required but Epic handles it at least as well as any spread-out company could.

Epic Games Response

Jul 23, 2014Senior Recruiter

Thanks for your review! We are glad you are enjoying life at Epic. Your comments reminded me of how valuable our weekly company meetings are. It's great that all of our studios are able to come ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Epic Games