Epic Health Services

www.epichealthservices.com

staff RN

Staff RN (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsOpportunity to work with fragile children/families. Ability make a positive contribution to the quality of life for many who can not "speak for themselves" I have had the opportunity to work with some good well intended Epic employees who really care about children.

ConsCattle call for any nurse w/license. This company has become a #'s game... Claims to be the "fastest growing pediatric home care business in the state" but from my experience does not properly screen employees before hiring. In addition, I had a very poor orientation (nurse/and mom spoke over child telling "battle stories of 911 calls/visits to ER", filthy house, dog drank from toilet, jumped on bed w/vent patient.). There is no commitment for ongoing pediatric education/high standards for quality care. Nursing supervisors come and go thru a revolving door. Schedulers are overworked, lack training in pediatric diagnosis, and are responsible for nurse assignments.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take time to vet nurses, and invest in ongoing education to promote QUALITY pediatric care. Schedulers need to be proficient in basic pediatric dx/care and have compassionate communication skills in dealing w/ families/nurses. Improve communication w/ nurses. Spend less $ on recruitment.

Exhilarating

LVN (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Epic Health Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Flexible schedules, plenty of work Cons: lack of communication a times, no benefits Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Cost cutting at its worst--Employees left with the burden

I have been working at Epic Health Services

Pros: They provide decent free CEUs periodically. Clinics typically have proper equipment but it may be difficult for… Cons: Ridiculously few assessment protocols for a clinic or home health agency that does as many evals as we do. The therapists are harrassed constantly to… Advice to Senior Management: Stop the ridiculous cost cutting measures that over burden your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Epic Health Services.

Worked for Epic Health Services? Contribute to the Community!