Epic Health Services

There are newer employer reviews for Epic Health Services

staff RN

Current Employee - Staff RN in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Staff RN in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Epic Health Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work with fragile children/families. Ability make a positive contribution to the quality of life for many who can not "speak for themselves" I have had the opportunity to work with some good well intended Epic employees who really care about children.

Cons

Cattle call for any nurse w/license. This company has become a #'s game... Claims to be the "fastest growing pediatric home care business in the state" but from my experience does not properly screen employees before hiring. In addition, I had a very poor orientation (nurse/and mom spoke over child telling "battle stories of 911 calls/visits to ER", filthy house, dog drank from toilet, jumped on bed w/vent patient.). There is no commitment for ongoing pediatric education/high standards for quality care. Nursing supervisors come and go thru a revolving door. Schedulers are overworked, lack training in pediatric diagnosis, and are responsible for nurse assignments.

Please take time to vet nurses, and invest in ongoing education to promote QUALITY pediatric care. Schedulers need to be proficient in basic pediatric dx/care and have compassionate communication skills in dealing w/ families/nurses. Improve communication w/ nurses. Spend less $ on recruitment.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Epic Health Services (View Most Recent)

Client Service Supervisor

Current Employee - Client Services Supervisor in North Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Client Services Supervisor in North Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at Epic Health Services

Pros

Great office environment , Great on job learning

Cons

A lot of work for Low pay.

There is just takes time

I greatly enjoyed the fast paced, challenging, and daily feeling of accomplishment when working with those in need!

Former Employee - Live-in Home Health Aie in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Live-in Home Health Aie in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Epic Health Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Epic offers their staff supplies they will need for the patient so neither has to spend extra money; gloves, hand soap, moisturizers, etc

Cons

Epic Headquarters is far from where I live, so it was a hassle to have interviews or go up to the building just "on a whim"

Although patients' can be very demanding, management needs to make sure that every employee is thoroughly trained in order to give the best level of quality care to those in need.

There are newer employer reviews for Epic Health Services