There are newer employer reviews for Epic Health Services

RUN

Current Employee - LVN in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - LVN in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Epic Health Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You work on your own without any involvement from the office staff once hired.

Cons

Company only cares about $$. You will be a body in a spot, nothing more. Low pay, No benefits. Office staff snotty, fake. Nurses told they are the number one priority in the home setting. Not true, You will be sent into difficult situations and left to fend for yourself. High turnover.They will hire anyone, so if you value your reputation as a nurse, do not work here!

Take a look around you. If your nurses aren't happy, you will not have a company. You can be the "largest pediatric home health agency" all day long, but without quality, what does it matter? Train office staff in customer service, and people skills. The bottom line is not always the bottom line.

reviews filtered by

staff RN

Current Employee - Staff RN in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Epic Health Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work with fragile children/families. Ability make a positive contribution to the quality of life for many who can not "speak for themselves" I have had the opportunity to work with some good well intended Epic employees who really care about children.

Cons

Cattle call for any nurse w/license. This company has become a #'s game... Claims to be the "fastest growing pediatric home care business in the state" but from my experience does not properly screen employees before hiring. In addition, I had a very poor orientation (nurse/and mom spoke over child telling "battle stories of 911 calls/visits to ER", filthy house, dog drank from toilet, jumped on bed w/vent patient.). There is no commitment for ongoing pediatric education/high standards for quality care. Nursing supervisors come and go thru a revolving door. Schedulers are overworked, lack training in pediatric diagnosis, and are responsible for nurse assignments.

Please take time to vet nurses, and invest in ongoing education to promote QUALITY pediatric care. Schedulers need to be proficient in basic pediatric dx/care and have compassionate communication skills in dealing w/ families/nurses. Improve communication w/ nurses. Spend less $ on recruitment.

LVN

Current Employee - LVN in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - LVN in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Epic Health Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Chronic illnesses that requires daily assessments valuable experience with button tube feeds trach's , vents, iv solutions pediatric and adult illnesses. So u never really loose your skills.

Cons

Management changes a lot, pay isn't always worth the amount of work1:1 care can be alot sometimes.

Increase pay. Screen staff better.. lol.. nawl I love my job I been with the company for 4 years. It really is a good place to work.

Epic Health Services Response

Feb 5, 2015Marketing Director

Thank you for your excitement about being a part of Epic Health Services. Our goal is to provide dedicated, compassionate professionals like yourself with a rewarding career, and we’re so glad that ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Epic Health Services