Epic Systems Corporation
www.epic.com Verona, WI 5000+ Employees

Learned more in two years at Epic than I could have imagined.

Integration Engineer (Current Employee)
Verona, WI

I have been working at Epic Systems Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsAt least when I started, Epic has the habit of throwing its employees directly into the fire. This kind of direct experience is invaluable for learning quickly and effectively. The general practices that Epic fosters in its employees are valued at any institution: organization, ownership, escalation, clear communication.

ConsEspecially in the first year, working at Epic can be extremely stressful. I had a few months working around 90 hour weeks. Quality of managers is very spotty; some are excellent, some seem little more than amateurs.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunity for internal ownership of projects. Improve quality of internal managers.

Great opportunity for recent graduates, but not a place where employees like to stay long term

Quality Assurance (Former Employee)

I worked at Epic Systems Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Excellent compensation, benefits, the unique environment, and the opportunity to try lots of things. You get to work with other really smart and motivated… Cons: After a while QA starts to feel more menial and less satisfying. It helps if you can switch things up or test in a variety… Advice to Senior Management: Upper management tends to create a culture of stress and fear. Middle management seems to live in fear of getting reprimanded by Judy or Carl… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Flawed, but still one of the best.

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant (Current Employee)
Madison, WI

I have been working at Epic Systems Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: -Motivated, intelligent coworkers -Good reputation, experience you want on your resume -Good compensation for a post-college job. Good raises/bonuses make up… Cons: -Management is young, which can be frustrating at times. They don't always handle difficult situations as well as I would expect, and your experience… Advice to Senior Management: Make a more public/concerted effort for long term employee retention, mentoring, and training. In Implementation, high turnover/customer loads/travel has led to a real degradation… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Epic Systems Corporation.

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Epic Systems Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Epic Systems Corporation CEO Judith R. Faulkner. All reviews posted anonymously by Epic Systems Corporation employees.