There are newer employer reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Epic is a pretty nice place to work.

Current Employee - Integration Engineer  in  Madison, WI
Current Employee - Integration Engineer in Madison, WI

I have been working at Epic Systems Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

The campus is very nice and the food is great/inexpensive. There is also a culture of helping each other and having fun. They do great things there and the company is the top in the industry.

Cons

Unfortunately, there is a culture here of working long hours and combined with travel depending on your role, this can burn some people out.

Lighten the workload a little. You can definitely afford it, and this can lead to a higher retention rate.

682 Other Employee Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (View Most Recent)

An industry-leading company where your work will save lives

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Verona, WI
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Verona, WI

I have been working at Epic Systems Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Epic is privately owned, so any initiatives or direction-setting is in the interest of our customers and their patients, not shareholders. Day-to-day work is extremely dynamic. Your primary responsibility is the success of your customer, but aside from that, you'll have opportunities to get involved in areas of your interest - process improvement, training, HR, product improvement and design, workflow design and recommendations, staff management, the list goes on. You'll have lots of autonomy and ownership of projects early on in your career. You'll work with the best healthcare organizations in the US and internationally. Epic's hiring processes are rigorous, so you'll be working with the best and brightest talent. The corporate culture is awesome - wear whatever you want and work in an office in one of the most unique and impressive campuses in existence. Great benefits. Earn month-long sabbaticals every 5 years.

Cons

Work hours and travel can be demanding (50-60 hours per week, 25-75% travel). Learning curve can be very steep, especially if you have a limited/no background in healthcare. No traditional corporate heirarchy or titles - if you are looking to climb a corporate ladder, its not the company for you.

Excellent culture, excellent opportunity - do good, have fun, make money

Current Employee - Project Manager/Implementation Consultant  in  Verona, WI
    Current Employee - Project Manager/Implementation Consultant in Verona, WI

I have been working at Epic Systems Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture is awesome. Fun feel - great food, no dress code, awesomely smart people, you're a part of this larger whole that does amazing things in the industry. Amazing pay, right out of college and through the years. This job has taught me more about myself than I ever had hoped to know - strengths, weaknesses, resilience, mental capacity. I learned how to do amazing things, have tons of ownership and accountability, and I also learned how to say "no" and focus down on my personal goals (it took me about 2 years to get there and feel completely empowered).

Cons

You need to figure out what you want out of your time here. Your first year or two can be extremely challenging, but for me, the rewards were high. Now that I've been here for 5+ years, I take control of my schedule, my work life boundaries, and I'm empowered to do what is right for my customers, the company, and me.

There are newer employer reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!