Epicor Software
www.epicor.com Austin, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Could have been Great- Sales at Epicor

Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Epicor Software full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAbility to get corporate and sales experience. Epicor hires college grads with almost no sales experience and does give them the chance to grow from there. Hours are good, and the benefits are decent.

It is possible to make good commissions in the right role.

ConsPay is below industry scale and that won't change. They have an army of recruiters now to replace people who leave.

Inability to execute consistent new install implementation of ERP product line makes the products much harder to sell to new accounts. The products generally work, but sales reps have to engage in very analytical/functionality drive sales discussions due to current shortage of references. Prospect facing messages sometimes straddling the line between "creative positioning" and lies by omission.

Little formal training.

Perception of being difficult to move up in the company without being "drinking buddies" with management because there are not many places to move up.

Future of the company is a little blurry due to publicly stated goals of c-level ignoring thought leaders in the current technology market.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to acquire your way to the top while stretching the living daylights out of key resources in the meantime. It you appear to be trying to have it both ways.

Comfortable place to work

I worked at Epicor Software full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good benefits. Comfortable local office. Consistent revenue steam and 95% customer renewal rate add up to company stability. New… Cons: Bit of a boys club in Development. New status as privately… Advice to Senior Management: Consolidate to a single manufacturing focused ERP suite. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

business development rep

I worked at Epicor Software full-time

Pros: Good company for entry level students Cons: Do not think is a good place for people who… Advice to Senior Management: No further responding of interview No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Epicor Software.

Worked for Epicor Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Epicor Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Epicor Software CEO Joseph L. Cowan. All reviews posted anonymously by Epicor Software employees.