Episcopal Social Services of NY
www.essnyc.org New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

More community need than resources

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Bronx, NY

I worked at Episcopal Social Services of NY full-time for more than a year

ProsSolid people who do the heavy lifting and are willing to put in long hours, many challenges to solve in learning how to do more with less, training offered in some areas, real outcomes changing families when things work out, real services given to children in the centers and programs, management offices close to transportation.

ConsLow salary and long hours for a lot of staff puts stress on relationships between staff and management, high expectations in field increase and put stress on management as funding is cut and outcomes are set ever higher. Some of the programs have so many restrictions from external entities (e.g. state or fed) it is hard to innovate and very heavy in paperwork and documentation. This would not be an easy place to work if you expect a 9-5 but a good place to work if you want to dig in and do the heavy lifting.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut down on the number of managers and divert resources into supporting workers in the field, they're the life of every program.

Working at this place was horrible.

I have been working at Episcopal Social Services of NY

Pros: Location is ok. And co-workers are friendly and helpful. The… Cons: don't get paid overtime for working 50-60 + hours per wk. Salary is low for all the stress and hours put in. Treated harshly, and… Advice to Senior Management: Management should hire case aides to help case planners, or assign less cases to planners. Offering higher salaries to case planner, since they're so overworked… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It should of been for the kids

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Bronx, NY

I worked at Episcopal Social Services of NY part-time for more than a year

Pros: Kids are amazing and eager to learn. Convenience in the Neighborhood Created… Cons: Change in leadership happened mid-year. Director put down a lot of staff Director chose favorites and in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Episcopal Social Services of NY.

Worked for Episcopal Social Services of NY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Episcopal Social Services of NY reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Episcopal Social Services of NY CEO Elizabeth McCarthy. All reviews posted anonymously by Episcopal Social Services of NY employees.