Epitec

www.epitecinc.com
  www.epitecinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Epitec

Great Company - i can say i actually like coming to work every day!

Current Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI
Current Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I came here with no experience and feel that i have been transformed into a great recruiter with some guidance and training. Epitec is very flexible and in my personal opinion, i feel that i get the respect and knowledge to grow and make an impact. Compansation is AMAZING if you just put in the time and effort to get the job done. I believe many are not willing to do that, and will continue to struggle when they might have a 'grass is always greener' attitude. Epitec is growing, and while promotions might not happen as quickly as people fresh out of college think (due to just having a degree does not automatically get you promoted ANYWHERE) they do happen with when you put in a little effort.

Cons

If you are expecting to jump right in and be successful right off the bat, this might not be the place for you. Doing some work and being eager to learn is what is going pay off.

More recruiter interaction. As the company grows it understandably gets harder however monthly meetings or more touchpoints might be nice!

118 Other Employee Reviews for Epitec (View Most Recent)

HOT Industry---Forward Thinking Company

Current Employee - Sales in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Sales in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company is constantly looking at areas to improve its position at its customers and to improve its employee experience. They are making strides in new client development locally and nationally and will need more internal staff to support these efforts. I'm all in for a better future. They also have some really great tools, training and incentives programs for their sales and recruiting team members. Just got a black friday shopping spree --- whoa!!!!!

Cons

No bodies perfect, but you should expect some turnover. They hire often and not everyone's cut out for sales and the performance expectations of the their big clients.

Be very clear on expectations for new hires, some people just don't get it!!!!

Very unprofessional - drop the ball a lot.

Former Employee - IT Architect in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - IT Architect in Remote, OR

I worked at Epitec as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Easy hiring process. Pay is decent.

Cons

They constantly tell you one thing and then fail to follow through on it.

I had to travel within the first month of my contract. My supervisor told me to contact HR and make sure I was set up to travel. HR said I was fine. I would have to pay all expenses and then get reimbursed. While I was gone, my first pay check should have been direct deposited. they mailed it to my house, knowing I was on the road. I had to take several hours away from my contract to get them to deposit my pay as they were supposed to. During these phone calls, I found out that I was supposed to be issued a corporate AmEx card for travel expenses.

Similar problems continued through my 18 month contract. Near the end of my contract, my account manager told me that the company that was replacing the company I was contracted to would be hiring me at the end of my contract. We had several conversations about this, and I was confident that my future employment was secure. Two weeks before the end, I started trying to contact the account manager daily, by both email and phone and never receive a response. The day before the end of the contract, I received an email stating that she had been promoted and gave me the contact info of her replacement. He knew nothing of my future employment, and a few days after the contract had ended, he called me and left me a voice mail stating that the new company had decided over a month earlier that they were not going to hire anyone who works remotely.

Fire employees who lie to contractors. Encourage open and honest communications.

Epitec Response

Apr 11, 2013COO

I apologize for this response is coming late. Epitec agrees that open and honest communication is best. I would like the opportunity to communicate further offline. Perhaps there is something Epitec ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Epitec