Epitec

www.epitecinc.com
  www.epitecinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Epitec

Really placing people First from Sr. Consulting Techical Solutions Architect

Current Employee - Senior Consulting Technical Solutions Architect in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Epitec as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Epitec Inc. has been an outstanding company to work for because they check on the people who are working out in the field on a quarterly basis if not more often. They have great benefits, equal to any of the big IT Companies. The executive management has been very personable, and has kept any agreements made with me to the letter. Epitec help me get out of a bad situation with a large IT company that would NOT let me work the contract that they had with a Telecom Giant unless I agreed to take a 30% cut in pay. I quote “They (Telecom Giant) will never know how good you are unless you agree to the lower pay rate”. I came in through the Large IT company, as an Epitec Employee, giving the Telcom Giant some exposure to the type of people Epitec recruits and retains in their employment.
Then after a year or so and it working so well Epitec was able to deal directly with the Telecom Giant and help them get the required type of personnel needed to get the complex projects done. When it became possible I left the contract with the Large IT Company and went straight through Epitec to the Telecom Giant as an Epitec employee. This is where Epitec was exceptional was able to get me back up to my previous pay rate, and then some, which made my life much easier. After all when you have worked for years to gain the expertise, you don’t lose it when the economy is in a recession. I enjoy working for Epitec, the pay is right and the people support you like a small family.

Cons

None that I know of.

Keep up the good work please.

120 Other Employee Reviews for Epitec (View Most Recent)

Regardless of the material benefits of the company, the suffocating threat of termination makes the job horrible.

Former Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI

I worked at Epitec full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The flashy and superficial things Epitec does to keep its employees blind to constant turmoil around them cannot be denied. Here are just a few of the things they did for their employees:

• Moved into a nicer building with excellent amenities including an incredible kitchen, convenience store, and large conference room.
    • Free tigers games.
    • Red Wing Suite Tickets.
    • Free coffee, bagels, and donuts.
    • Movie nights.
    • Ample amount of free booze in the office on a regular basis.
    • Seemingly weekly happy hours.
    • Trips to exotic locations for top earners, including Aruba and Cruises.

Additionally, make no mistake that you can make some serious money at Epitec. Commissions for top Account Managers and Recuiters can reach 100K +, in addition to Monthly and Quarterly Bonuses. Of course in order to accumulate strong commission you need longevity.

Cons

Regardless of what the positive posters on here tell you, your job is never safe. The simple idea that if you work hard you will be rewarded does not apply at Epitec. To think you are successful and a top earner one quarter and therefore safe in the next does not apply at Epitec. The thought that if you “play the game,” and live the corporate life you will be moved up the ladder does not apply at Epitec.

They can (and regularly do) fire anyone they want, at any moment, without warning.

When I started at Epitec there were about 20 other recruiters Sr to me. When I left nearly 2 years later I was the 3rd or 4th most Sr. Recruiter. In those 2 years I would have to estimate at least 70% of the employees who started there were terminated - friends’ getting fired was a weekly thing.

Having moved on to a new company I can offer some advice. For as poorly as Epitec treats its recruiters, the name Epitec does carry some weight in the local staffing industry. Utilize the training they give you, gain 6 months of experience, then jump ship.

Nothing.

I have never disrespected a group of people more in my entire life then I do the Executive Management Team at Epitec. They will shake your hand and buy you a beer one day, then spit in your face and stab you in the back the next.

Epitec Response

Apr 11, 2013COO

Epitec is respected in the Staffing Industry and known for its ability to attract and retain talented people. Epitec received the Elite Award for Employee Achievement and Recognition in 2012 as a ... More

Excellent Opportunity for Learning & Growth

Current Employee - Epitec Employee in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Epitec Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Epitec senior management is very good at identifying your strenghts, and buliding on those strengths. There is alot of opportunity to move upward in the organization if you are willing to put in the time and effort to get there. Excellent 401k plan.

Cons

Not necessarily a con - but you need to work hard and stay positive to be successful in this business. Meeting your goals is very important.

Keep the lines of communication open with recruiting and sales! Make sure everybody is in the loop on our accomplishments and new programs.

There are newer employer reviews for Epitec