There are newer employer reviews for Epitec

As a contractor, great people to work for

Current Employee - Usability Specialist in Dearborn, MI
Current Employee - Usability Specialist in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work with you to help get you hired. I credit Epitec with restarting my career after a long period of unemployment. All contact that I have had with Epitec has been positive.

Cons

Can't speak to the other reviews here about working AT Epitec, but working as a contractor FOR Epitec, I have had no complaints.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great Firm to Contract With

Current Employee - Senior IT Project Manager in Jackson, MI
    Current Employee - Senior IT Project Manager in Jackson, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Quick work placing me in a nice role. Very well run - onboarding and all admin functions are fast and simple. They are responsive to my queries and requests and very supportive of my blogging and public speaking engagements.

Cons

Company HQ is an hour and a half from either my home or office. Hare to stay wired in.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Painful

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I worked at Epitec for about 5 Months as a recruiter - you're given free lunch during training, you receive sound training on how to become a successful recruiter and upper management seems very reachable initially.

Cons

There is no job security - you can have a great week, and if you have two days where things are going slow, you will be asked "Do you like your job" - the environment has a clannish/clique vibe, if you don't fall into a certain socio-economic area you're judged, and your not compensated well to even fit into this mold. You will be told you're doing well and you can be let go, because you're not a good fit. When you talk to upper management about advancement they'll deflect you from it, and tell you to focus on your numbers. It isn't a pleasant place to work - no matter how long people have been employed there - everyone is nervous about there job even if you're performing well. Please proceed with caution - if you're a consultant you'll have a great experience as a recruiter not so much

I believe it's imperative to give all employees a fair shot at success - letting people go due to not liking them isn't grounds for a separation of interests. The issue of turnover may not be the people you're bringing in but it could be the Corporate Recruiter/ Trainer. Also don't flaunt the Diversity award when there is only one person as an account manager who is diverse and upper management there is no diversity outside of the VP/Owner. Work on being sincere - people can sense when your words aren't authentic.

Epitec Response

Nov 4, 2013COO

With over 900 employee working for Epitec annually, we appreciate you recognizing our consultants have a great experience working at Epitec. Most corporate employees have the same great experience ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Epitec