Epitec

There are newer employer reviews for Epitec

my experience

Current Contractor - CTM Escalations Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Contractor - CTM Escalations Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Epitec as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

i am contracted to ATT. I like the location and the people I work with. Epitec provide excellent support for me.

Cons

i am a contractor, but would like a full time job.

look for more full time opportunities

140 Other Employee Reviews for Epitec (View Most Recent)

As a contractor, it's not bad but it

Current Contractor - Specialty Developer in Dearborn, MI
    Current Contractor - Specialty Developer in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Epitec as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Their admin and payroll staff is competent, which is not a given for this type of employer -- so they got that going for them which is nice. Generally they stay out of your hair as a contractor -- which is both good and bad. I can't comment on the office environment like so many others have. I haven't had to deal with them in much capacity beyond the initial hire.

They do have the occasional get togethers, which I find awkward since many of the faces change, but at least they try so I have to give them credit for that.

Cons

Once you're placed at a position, you are left on your own with that company and you have once a year reviews with Epitec that are pretty meaningless. Over the years the reviews have changed, but only recently has there ever been any talk about getting a raise. Simply doing your job well and getting along with your co-workers is insufficient to get a raise. Instead you have to show that you have taken on new responsibilites and learned new skills, while exceeding your managers expectations with your current job. All in all, it's a pretty high bar, which can be met, but results in a lot of hand wringing from Epitec about current contracts and you might get a few percent raise after 3 years and none afterwards. You really have to change positions and get a new contract to get any kind of a real raise.

There is really no future in staying here long term, but yet here I am

Frankly I'm shocked that you bring contractors in off the street without meeting them in person before introducing them to your customers. Maybe this has changed since I first hired, but I'm suprised it hasn't bitten you hard.

Eliminating the 4th week of vacation as a benefit was seriously not cool. The mismatch between Epitec holidays and client holidays which I'm not allowed to work onsite is going to use of 6 of my vacation days this year. I know I can go unpaid, but what's the point in that? Having that extra time means I can actually take a vacation instead of just a few long weekends and cover doctor appointments and snow days. I don't know what a vacation is anymore.
    Why is there not bereavment leave? - I could had used some of that recently, but instead had to use vacation days.

Epitec Response

Aug 27, 2014COO

Epitec brings folks into the office for interviews on a daily basis. However, there are scenarios where bringing in a candidate for a face-to-face interview is not possible; it is not ideal. However ... More

First job out of college

I worked at Epitec full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free food. Rewards during training. Epitec has been an excellent stepping stone for some of my former colleagues. If you're in HR, this may be a great company to cut your teeth on. You'd get a great density of hirings and firings!

Plenty of practice writing and analyzing resumes, which will come in handy with your own.

Cons

Before you read, please understand that prior to Epitec I'd held internships at multiple fortune 500 companies and have seen how successful companies operate from structural, cultural, and developmental standpoints.

Beware. The marketing is solid, the appeal and environment are well suited to the recent college graduate. The building is nice, but unfortunately the aesthetics were just that... superficial. I was ecstatic to take the job, and was actually ready for a long and worthwhile relationship with the company, I wanted to buy in. I was fresh out of college was couldn't believe I got an interview so quickly.

When the first person in my training group was fired, we were all shocked. Then there was a second... and a third. The strange part was that these people were doing very well, better than most actually. I'd call it random but that's a stretch. To add to the mystery, these people said that during their exit interview, when asked "why was I fired", management stated "we are an at-will company and do not need to disclose that". After one of my newer 'friends' was let go, I was afraid of being fired every single day.

By the time I left by my own will, out of 11 people in my recruiting class, 2 had remained. Why I lasted so long I have no idea. People who were outperforming me had been let go.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the leadership meetings to see how this company is truly structured.

No advice given here will affect the issues, which are all rooted from the way is structured.

Epitec Response

Aug 3, 2014COO

Thank you for your post and for the detail in your review. I appreciate your perspective.

Epitec continues to improve our recruiting and selection process for new recruits to avoid making hiring
    ... More