my experience

Current Contractor - CTM Escalations Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Contractor - CTM Escalations Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Epitec as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

i am contracted to ATT. I like the location and the people I work with. Epitec provide excellent support for me.

Cons

i am a contractor, but would like a full time job.

Advice to Management

look for more full time opportunities

reviews filtered by

First job out of college

I worked at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food. Rewards during training. Epitec has been an excellent stepping stone for some of my former colleagues. If you're in HR, this may be a great company to cut your teeth on. You'd get a great density of hirings and firings!

Plenty of practice writing and analyzing resumes, which will come in handy with your own.

Cons

Before you read, please understand that prior to Epitec I'd held internships at multiple fortune 500 companies and have seen how successful companies operate from structural, cultural, and developmental standpoints.

Beware. The marketing is solid, the appeal and environment are well suited to the recent college graduate. The building is nice, but unfortunately the aesthetics were just that... superficial. I was ecstatic to take the job, and was actually ready for a long and worthwhile relationship with the company, I wanted to buy in. I was fresh out of college was couldn't believe I got an interview so quickly.

When the first person in my training group was fired, we were all shocked. Then there was a second... and a third. The strange part was that these people were doing very well, better than most actually. I'd call it random but that's a stretch. To add to the mystery, these people said that during their exit interview, when asked "why was I fired", management stated "we are an at-will company and do not need to disclose that". After one of my newer 'friends' was let go, I was afraid of being fired every single day.

By the time I left by my own will, out of 11 people in my recruiting class, 2 had remained. Why I lasted so long I have no idea. People who were outperforming me had been let go.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the leadership meetings to see how this company is truly structured.

Advice to Management

No advice given here will affect the issues, which are all rooted from the way is structured.

Epitec Response

Aug 3, 2014COO

Thank you for your post and for the detail in your review. I appreciate your perspective.

Epitec continues to improve our recruiting and selection process for new recruits to avoid making hiring
    ... More

A Company of Opportunity!

Current Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great place to grow, learn, build solid skills and succeed. The opportunity is there if you want to work hard. Love the incentives, food, coffee and extras!

Cons

Understanding recruiting takes time, and being able to take the good with the not so good and the frustration at times. But know if you are a good communicator, then you speak with your management for help and guidance, which they will provide.

Advice to Management

For new recruiters, having the goal escalate up each month. So more focus is on learning the skills, strategies and business, then learning to combine with meeting the monthly goals.