Epocrates
www.athenahealth.com San Mateo, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Great brand, great people, lots of challenges, lots of promises

Director (Current Employee)
San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Epocrates

ProsSmall company feel, still a startup in some respects. Great smart people. Flexible work hours and generally a good work life balance. Strong brand name, generally high morale.

ConsTerrible benefits package - no 401(K) match, HR process is broken. Still needs to bridge the gap in product management and technology. Needs better leadership in product management and synchronization with engineering. Tends to approve products that have poor ROI, needs better product marketing analysis. Marketing folks are absolutely clueless. The product sells itself, we can scrap the marketing departments and still do fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee above. Focus on the core competencies, cut down on money losing products. Focus on retaining customers. Explore ad-revenues in the free products Don't buy useless small companies (they come with a lot of baggage). Hire competent people and fire incompetent people sooner.

Has moved down hill

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Epocrates

Pros: Vacation policy, industry leader, growth potential, many senior positions opening, ability to… Cons: All new senior management, currently recovering from the effects of a mismatched CEO, per recent… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

great product, bad leaders

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Epocrates

Pros: great technology that saves lives, great benefits, talented employees, work… Cons: a tech start up with fotune 10 politics... new direction slowly converting company from a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Epocrates.

Worked for Epocrates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Epocrates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Epocrates CEO Jonathan S. Bush. All reviews posted anonymously by Epocrates employees.