Epocrates
www.athenahealth.com San Mateo, CA 150 to 499 Employees

No place to go

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Epocrates

ProsPays well, benefits are great. Company culture used to be great. Co-operation among departments that don't traditionally communicate in other companies.

ConsNo room for advancement. Blatant favoritism to certain employees. C level managers came and went very rapidly in the last 3 years. No checks and balances-bad HR leader, bad senior level management and nowhere to let any one know of the bad leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementSomeone should be checking the performance of VPs and asking their direct reports to evaluate them on a regular basis. HR should be a place employees can feel comfortable taking their work issues to rather than being punished for reporting negligence and incompetence.

Succeeds in spite of itself

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Epocrates

Pros: - Innovative (core) product - Brand recognition within the industry - Work/life balance - Vacation policy -- Policy was changed early… Cons: As my headline indicates, Epocrates has succeeded in spite of itself the past 2 years. The strength of the brand and the core product… Advice to Senior Management: The executive team should take a serious look at the departments who routinely underperform and make swift changes accordingly. With Epocrates now being a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Definitely ups and downs and as of late very poor executive leadership

Sales Professional (Current Employee)
San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Epocrates

Pros: The people who work for Epocrates make the company satisfying The product is very… Cons: Compensation isn't competitive Executive leadership isn't leading with passion and isn't innovative 401K Very… Advice to Senior Management: Consider making employees feel more like they are a part of the company and increase communication with employees so they feel like they are a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Epocrates.

Worked for Epocrates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Epocrates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Epocrates CEO Jonathan S. Bush. All reviews posted anonymously by Epocrates employees.