Epsilon

There are newer employer reviews for Epsilon

Great Company

Current Employee - Lead Interactive Developer in Blue Ash, OH
Current Employee - Lead Interactive Developer in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It all depends who is your direct manager. In my case I do have an amazing manager. So 1- great work life balance 2- Flexible work hours, this goes both ways. i.e. sometimes you have to work extra hours and the weekends but that is only few times a year, any other time you would get to set your own hours as long as you deliver the results 3- The management tries hard to be transparent and include you in company growth. you would get one or two discretionary bonuses a year if company is profitable. 4- The starting salaries are OK and for some satisfactory 5- Depending which team you are at you will either be working with bleeding edge technologies or the super old technologies 6-For some you can get promotions very fast, but some get stuck and cant get higher 7- The good thing is if you dont like your team (or your manager) you can switch them in a few months, so eventually you can find your match

Cons

As I said it all can depend on your direct manager. Some of the negative points: 1- The raise rate is low 2- Some times you have to work extra hours and over the weekend. 3- Sometimes it can be difficult to get a promotion. HR is a mess and even if your manager is willing to promote you HR will take its time for ever 4- Sometimes you might feel you are stuck in a place lower than what you deserve. But I assume these are all common in many of the companies so I dont think they are really Epsilon's Cons; but you just need to be aware they also exist in here too.

1- Please make sure people whom are hard working and talented are being used in a better roles 2- Epsilon thinks its an advertising company while in reality it is a software company. Value your employees especially your developers. We developers always feel we are way undervalued in Epsilon 3- Give more attention to locations other than headquarters. You have many locations but most of the communications media that you publish is focused on the Dallas.

299 Other Employee Reviews for Epsilon (View Most Recent)

Overall, an unhealthy, unsanitary, somewhat filthy office environment.

Current Employee - Senior Oracle Database Administrator in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Oracle Database Administrator in Irving, TX

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Located very, very close to Dallas Fort Worth Airport so it is easy to catch a flight. Though at times you can smell the exhaust from the jet airplanes taking off from DFW airport. Hopefully that is ok.
    Conveniently located right on the major LBJ Freeway / I 635. Though access to the highway is convenient, the exhaust from the trucks and cars together with the exhaust from the airplanes at DFW seems very unhealthy and irritating at times. Throughout the long workday, I have seen many, many people with very red, irritated eyes. People seem to have a lot of respiratory problems and illnesses, though I think the overall commute may be a little shorter since the office is located on this busy highway and so close to this major national airport.

Cons

People are always getting sick, yet they may feel they are expected to come to work anyway.
    Though most associates are polite, many do not ever cover their mouths when they cough and sneeze openly with complete abandon. It seems very few people actually wash their hands in the restrooms.
    I have never seen them dust the cubicle areas and I have never seen them vacuum. They only seem to empty the trash. Debris and dust seems to remain on the floor and on the office surfaces for a very long time.
    I have gotten very sick after eating the food in the cafe downstairs. Food served on Monday seems to be leftover from the previous week. Likewise, Friday's food just seems to be stale and wilted. Tuesday's food seems to be the safest.
    The goals we are required to meet in order to get any sort of profit sharing or bonuses are unrealistic. I am afraid many people may not see any bonuses. Managers from the Director level and up have been getting large bonuses and perks for years and years, though many mangers, especially some at the VP level and up do not deserve any bonuses whatsoever. Many simply avoid responsibility and waste everyone's time and effort actually obstructing work rather than contributing.

Clean up your act. Do more than just empty the trash. Work to improve things. Throw out most of the VPs and up. This would become a healthier place to work.

Business systems analyst

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Irving, TX

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are with the right team , your experience will be the better of many evils. The company has continued growth and profitability which aids in job security.

Cons

1. The pay is less than market for business systems analysts .
    2. There is no bonus structure in compensation. Expect as measly 1-2 percent discretionary bonus that's put into your 401k.
    3. There is no visibility. It feels as if every team and business unit is running on separate agendas . There is no systematic overall business approach .
    4. There is no employee recognition. There morale is low and company culture is stale . This is a place for individuals to coast with their head hung low as they bridge themselves to something much better.
    5. Promotions are based on political affiliation. The majority of managers have a technical acumen with no clue how to manage individuals.
    6. Ethics are very low. Managers constantly engage in deceptive and tactless practices .
    7. You position will change based on client/business needs without input .

Do a complete overhaul of middle management .

There are newer employer reviews for Epsilon